Parking at NJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's correct.

In the previous contract, folks based at the 5 domiciles would have parking reimbursed if there wasn't company-provided parking (such as in CMH). In the current contract, we're freed from the five domiciles, but parking's on us.

At most of the bases (but not all), the FBOs we use will let us park our cars for the week, and give us a ride to and from the airline terminal if necessary. Tip the drivers generously. :D

Parking was not reimbursed at the Home Base Airports for the folks who had those -- only the five domiciles. As my drive has gotten 150 miles shorter (each way), I think I can handle the parking. ;)

Yeah but still....wow.....I don't understand why they would do that or even be allowed to do that? I mean if you live in DFW....there really is not much of a GA presence there.

I am sure some people are going to be paying out of pocket big time for parking.

Yeah but still....wow.....I don't understand why they would do that or even be allowed to do that? I mean if you live in DFW....there really is not much of a GA presence there.

I am sure some people are going to be paying out of pocket big time for parking.

Well, with the new TA, most pilots will have more money to pay for parking (at least the junior pilots). It's all about tradeoffs...

I hear you on that...I dunno still kinda sucks...18k raise...subtract 35 percent for taxes and its down to 11,700. Then minus 1800 for parking and your down to 9900 extra a year in your pocket.

Granted that is still one heck of a raise even in the post tax sense and at least it is tax deductable.

Last edited:
Check with your local airport parking lots. I know here in IAH there are two or three that will give you a very good monthly rate to park there and the shuttle picks you up and drops you off at the terminal. Some here are as low as $35 a month. I have heard alot of them around the country do the same. Just check around !!

Not at all. I just don't see the parking as a big enough issue to waste negotiating capital on, that's all. Company-paid parking came into being with the domicile system; it doesn't break my heard to lose one in the process of killing the other.

There are a few cities where this will be an issue, but not many. If you figure $12 a day average for a satellite lot at a major airport; that's $84 per 7-day tour. 24 tours (2 weeks of vacation for first few years; more later) at that rate is about $2000. But in most cases, you can park at an FBO, a cooperative hotel, or an off-airport shuttle lot for much less or for nothing. (We do a ton of business at these FBOs, and most of them want to keep us happy.)

Basically, we had bigger fish to fry, and we weren't going to step on a dollar to pick up a nickel. Let me put it another way: under the old contract, if a first-year guy got in after midnight, he'd get a single extended day's pay of $321. Under the new contract, he'll get $937.50 -- two extended days' pay at the new rate.

Two of those late returns would pay for parking for the folks who need it. I got six after-midnight returns last year, which would have earned me $3699 more under this new contract, just for those after-midnight returns alone.

So no, learflyer, party ain't even close to over. ;)

If it sucks so bad to pay for parking, stay where you are. They do pay for your parking, after all. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back