• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pain in the jaw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you need to see an oral surgeon asap...tmj is correctable if caught early (ex muscle relaxants, splints etc)

you need to see an oral surgeon asap...tmj is correctable if caught early (ex muscle relaxants, splints etc)

Well, the ache is gone today, but the stiffness is still there. I have seen an improvement since yesterday, so I'm going to see if things improve. If it's still bugging me next week, I'll make sure to go see a doctor (or dentist).

Hi,

Highly suggest that you seek specialized care from an expert in TMJ.

Where are you located and I'll see who might be close to you.

Regards,

Hunter

Interesting that I came across this thread. A couple nights ago, I noticed that my jaw clicked a little when I moved it from side to side. I understand this is nothing really serious, since it's very common. For whatever reason though, I woke up the next morning with a very stiff jaw. It's still stiff as hell right now, but I can eat and talk fine and have full range of motion. It's not even pain really, just a bit of an ache.

Really annoying, though. Thank god it doesn't affect my flying any. Anyone have this?

my girlfriend has this, for real, im talkin to her on the phone right now she say quit bring a sissy and get over it, ololololololo

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Here is the closest TMJ Dentist I could find who also has a good reputation.
JOSEPH RICH COHEN DDS
14861 N CAVE CREEK RD
PHOENIX AZ 85032-4909
Phone: 602-992-1486
Fax: 602-992-6604

Regards,

Hunter

Latest resources

Back