P F T

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maverick_fp00

Does anybody know of a web site I can go to to find out about the PFT. I know the standards, but I'm looking to find out how THEY want the sit-ups and push-ups to be done. So I can practice the way I will have to do it to do my PFT.

Thanks,
Nick

I'll try and help a little, but I wasn't sure who you are doing this for. From what I know doing it for Army ROTC, there are a couple guidelines. You seem to already know its push-ups in two minutes, sit-ups in two minutes, and a two mile run in that order.

For the push-ups: Both arms are shoulder width apart and arms straight out directly underneath the chest. Legs extended and feet may not be more than six inches apart. To begin lower your body, keeping the back and legs in a straight line, untill your elbows are bent 90' and your shoulder blades are bellow your elbows. Also keep your head up looking ahead to make sure you go all the way down. For the army the rest positions are with both hand and feet still on the ground but you can either bow your back and legs up or you can sag down in the middle bending your back.

For the sit-ups: You are sitting with your feet and knees together. To begin you are lying back and both shoulders need to be touching the ground. Both arms should be behind the head at all times with the hands interlocked. Pull your body up so that your neck and back form a straight line, perpendicular to the ground. Next, go down untill your lower back touches the ground. It is counted when you go down. Your buttocks must be on the ground, and you can not bounce. For the army the rest position is only in the up position.

For the run: Just don't stop running and see what time you get.

Air Force PFT

Sorry, I should have said what branch. I'm doing this for Air Force ROTC. I have to do sit-ups, push-ups, and a 1.5 mile run. I heard that the sit-ups are done "crunch style". I don't know exactly what they mean by crunch style. I know what cruches is, and if that's the case, then the sit-ups are going to be really easy. As far as the push ups go, do your arms go out, away from the body, when you go down or do they come straight down, tangent to the ribcage.

The PFT sucked.

I think you can still bust one of the events and still pass if you meet the minimum points required. I did that for the 600m run; too long to sprint, too short to pace.

MD

Air Force PFT is a joke after all they are not called the " chair force" for nothing.

Re: Air Force PFT

maverick_fp00 said:
Sorry, I should have said what branch. I'm doing this for Air Force ROTC. I have to do sit-ups, push-ups, and a 1.5 mile run. I heard that the sit-ups are done "crunch style". I don't know exactly what they mean by crunch style. I know what cruches is, and if that's the case, then the sit-ups are going to be really easy. As far as the push ups go, do your arms go out, away from the body, when you go down or do they come straight down, tangent to the ribcage.

The AF PFT consists of first as many sit-ups as you can do in 2 minutes. A friend holds your feet and your arms are crossed over your chest. You start down and rise up to touch at least one forearm to one knee.
Next you have 2 minutes to do as many push-ups as possible. You start "down" and come up, that's "one." Then you go down to a 90° bend in your elbows and back up, that's "two." Etc.
Then you finish with the 1.5 mi. run. If you're under 24 you have 12 minutes, over 24 you have 12:30.

Have fun!

Latest resources

Back