Ops Review??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NJAowner

What is an "Ops review"? Over the past few months, I have had several lengthy departure delays due to an "Ops review". What is it and how serious are they?

Thanks.

Thanks but it wasn't any of those. All of the flights were between city pairs we fly often and are larger airports. So nothing unexpected. Each time the flight was the first in the a.m. for the plane and crew and on the flight positioning the plane for our departure. About 2 hours before the flight we get a call from owner services that says an "Ops review" is delaying the flight. Sometimes the same plane makes it in, just later, other times it is a new tail ferried in from somewhere else.

Thanks

Griz ... let's cut that cr@p here so this may be a constructive board. I have proven to atleast 1/2 dozen of you I am for real.

Many of you have said on this board, in response to my posts, that you do no think owner services tells us the whole story. I agree with that .. that is why I am asking on the board. The answer has been "the pre flight software check has shown an issue which needs to be reviewed for safety". My concern is (1) is this accurate, (2) could it have been avoided by starting to position the plane earlier in the day or the night before. If earlier operations could have avoided the delay, I want to express my concern but I need some facts so I don't get a b.s. answer.

Thanks.

In addition to the items Gunfighter has posed there might have been issue with the aircraft, certain MELs might preclude the use of that a/c. Notams to the arrival airport could be an issue. I have had to be the bearer of bad news to the owner, too many times, to discount your claim. I'm sure that owner services knows how to cya with the best of them. Hope you sort it out.

NJAowner said:
Griz ... let's cut that cr@p here so this may be a constructive board.

I think the bottom line is that pilots have never heard of the term "Ops Review" so we can't help you define it. Any help would be speculation.

Sorry.

It hasn't been weather or notams since they were able to either send in another plane from a different airport an hour or 2 later or the same plane could come an hour or two later. It always happens when the crew comes on duty and "checks out the plane".

BTW, what is a MEL?

Griz said:
Seems like a reasonable question to pose to Owner Services...not here on a bulletin board. But then again, you have to be an owner to use that option.

Griz
You are 100% Correct.
Pose these questions to Owner Services.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Doesn't really matter what owner services say they will probably lie or blame the pilots. Actually it will be both.

I'd call a program manager if you want the real truth and not the crap owner service comes up with.

Ops review could also mean scheduling snafu.

Diesel said:

Ops review could also mean scheduling snafu.

BINGO!

I think OS probably has a book on how to distort the truth and make a scheduling disaster sound like a failed mission to Mars just for justification purposes.

Ask the company you hired to fly you in the first place. Any professional pilot or customer service rep or salesperson would tell you the answer (they are the only people that could review the records and communications to see what REALLY happened).

I can't imagine why you would ask these questions to a bunch of strangers on the internet before asking the people you are paying $$$ to fly you in the first place.

Latest resources

Back