• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

oops...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fair tax? Really? To make a fair tax bring in the same amount then you'd have to tax EVERYONE 39%. So, a family of 4 living on $22,000 has to pay 39% leaving them $13,420. Does that seem about right? Or maybe we could just have a progressive tax like we always have and tax the rich a tad more to offset the poor. It's "fair" as the rich got rich BECAUSE of our system of government. Try getting rich in a theocracy.

Some of you don't know where you fall in terms of socio-economic status....

That's the problem. I know full well where I sit on the ladder. There is a difference in what is best for me and what is best for the country/economy as a whole.

Generally going with the economy will turn out best for everyone in the end. What is best forme now doesn't have a history of working so well.

Fair tax? Really? To make a fair tax bring in the same amount then you'd have to tax EVERYONE 39%. So, a family of 4 living on $22,000 has to pay 39% leaving them $13,420. Does that seem about right? Or maybe we could just have a progressive tax like we always have and tax the rich a tad more to offset the poor. It's "fair" as the rich got rich BECAUSE of our system of government. Try getting rich in a theocracy.

It's actually 23% inclusive/30% exclusive, give or take 1%. In your example, the family would have a negative effective tax rate. The FairTax does tax the rich more.

It's "fair" as the rich got rich BECAUSE of our system of government. Try getting rich in a theocracy.

Where the left loons lose this argument is this:

#1. Could the rich have gotten rich without your precious government?

The answer is YES... The drive for success is within the individual, not the collective. If Steve Jobs (R.I.P.) did not have the oligarcian government control you so desperately want to make relevant, could he still have become educated? Could he still have purchased the goods to make his first computer? Could he still have delivered his goods on the roads the left claims could not exist without the ever omnipotent government? (ever hear of privately owned toll roads?) Would he have succeeded?

You say "try getting rich in a theocracy", I say, you should try capitalism (psst... What we have now is NOT capitalism).

#2. The left's entire argument is that the rich do not "pay a fair percentage" and that they should because the rich "benefited the most from government". I beg to differ... If it's percentages you love, then what percentage of a wealthy persons success was because of the government? Now... What percentage of a welfare queens success in life is dependent on the government? If it's percentages you love so much, it looks to me like we should tax the welfare recipient at a higher rate, since they are gaining the most "life value" from the idiots in Washington.

Where the left loons lose this argument is this:

#1. Could the rich have gotten rich without your precious government?

The answer is YES...

That's just not true. In some cases the answer is yes and in other cases the answer is no. Businesses often leverage government to protect their own interests. I'm sure you can plug in lots of examples where big business did quite well thanks to government protections, requirement and BAILOUTS.

That's just not true. In some cases the answer is yes and in other cases the answer is no. Businesses often leverage government to protect their own interests. I'm sure you can plug in lots of examples where big business did quite well thanks to government protections, requirement and BAILOUTS.

Exactly the reason I said we do not currently see capitalism. We have cronyism. It's not the same.

I did not agree with bailouts, and understand that businesses currently use the system to their advantage, and who can blame them. If we're gonna use this BS system where you are punished for your success, then why not look for every advantage you can find.

My point was, the left claims that it would be impossible to achieve success without the government, and THAT is not true.

My question was more theoretical, to undermine the short-sighted and illogical thought of the liberal ideology.

Could a person become wealthy without the government? Yes
Could a person on welfare survive if they would put forth the effort to join a capitalist society? Yes
Could a person on welfare survive without effort without punishing those who succeed in capitalism? No, THAT requires the government.

So... Which is REQUIRED for survival? Government, or capitalism?

Could a person become wealthy without the government? Yes
Could a person on welfare survive if they would put forth the effort to join a capitalist society? Yes
Could a person on welfare survive without effort without punishing those who succeed in capitalism? No, THAT requires the government.

So... Which is REQUIRED for survival? Government, or capitalism?
Oh look! It's another freshly indoctrinated conservative genius!

I am amazed how the 30 year propaganda campaign against government has been so effective in wiping the minds of most about the value of good government. Can a company prosper without government? No. Every billionaire you see in the United States got help. Every single one. They got help in the fact that they didn't have to pay bribes for security, to open their doors, or to expand. They got help that in that they had a highly developed infrastructure to produce and bring their products to market. Any tech company got help in the way their consumers were educated enough to use their products, and employees smart enough to design them.

I'm sick of low intelligent, moronic, and simply tired arguments against government and the poor. They're not original. You probably haven't had an original thought in your entire life. Regardless, this sort of sh*t doesnt even belong in a Regional thread...

... and any idiot defending billionaires in the regional forum ought to have his head examined.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back