One Type with 33 pages of accidents!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EdAtTheAirport

How about a break from the usual Fractional discussion?

I had a co-worker killed in an R-22 years ago. Go to the ntsb.gov web site, and put "Robinson" in the make/model search. It's unbelievable how many crashes those little pos's have had. How is it that this helicopter remains certified?

What does that tell you about the Feds?

Cessna 172 generates 98 pages. Piper 178 pages. Beech (GA) 63 pages. Most of all of these are not fatal, involving minor runway runoffs or such.

I've lost four friends between a Duchess and a Piper Lance, and been acquainted with deaths in an Arrow and a Warrior. Aviation, particularly General Aviation, can be dangerous no matter what you fly.

Oh, and strictly from a categorical standpoint, this is the wrong forum for this discussion.

Seems to make sense that a training (low pilot experience level) helicopter (inherently unstable) would end up with more crashes, fatal and not fatal.

Oh yeah, and this is the wrong forum.

No, it was the right forum, because it got us all AWAY from that OTHER discussion if only for a minute or two. Y'all wanna fight???

Turbine or piston, too many moving parts for me. I prefer not to fly something so ugly the earth repels it.....

Oh, and yea, this is probably the wrong forum:smash:

Latest resources

Back