• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On the roll???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ive got something thats even worse than "on the roll" or whatever else....

Lets say your riding in an elevator in the hotel from your 5th floor hall down to the lobby, to go get dinner or whatnot.

As soon as that elevator gets to the lobby and the door opens, several people are nose to nose right at the door waiting to rush in like there was no possibility of someone else being actually inside the elevator getting out.

Really people, just like on the radios, wait maybe 2-3 seconds, stand back a comfortable distance, and wait for other people to exit the elevator before you and your husband in his cutoff t-shirt rush the door like a 3rd world airline boarding process.

I can tolerate a lot of things in this world, but that one really gets to me.

Just a peeve of mine.

Caesar,

I will bet you a dollar he has been to more places around the world than you will EVER be. Some you won't find on any map.

Go be an a$$ somewhere else young man.

My favorites:

Position and hold clearance:

"Roger, we'll pull it out, put it in position, and hold it!"

and the ever popular Delta response to a complicated taxi clearance:

"Yepper, we'll dooo all thaaaat!"

Gotta admit, it sounds cool though.

How should I respond to ATC when they request (after being cleared to take off and repeating that clearance) "report rolling?" Should I say "taking off?"

Granted Im still new to this flying gig having only done it a bit over 30yrs. Ive heard the same phrases since most of you were just an itch in your dady's pants. Get over it.

Oh as for the wannabe international player, with a gripe about Texas. Go do some Euro turns for about 10yrs then go fly Asia. You will hear calls and readbacks that make **** for sense. My all time favorite: "look god d**nit, its hot, we're bloody heavy and we're trying."

Have fun out there and stay safe anything else is fair game. This career will no longer pay enough or give enough back to sacrifice a good time.

"Have fun out there and stay safe anything else is fair game. This career will no longer pay enough or give enough back to sacrifice a good time."

Hallelooyer Jurasicpilot!

Latest resources

Back