Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On-Line college courses in the Chicago Land area.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigboy

Hey All.
Im looking for a local college in the chicago area that will offer general education courses on line, So I could get those courses out of the way before I apply to Utah Valley State College or ERAU.Any info(including info aboutUVSCorURAU) is greatly appreciated.

Fly Safe.

Although I haven't seem many people try the online thing around here (with the exception of U of Pheonix), I have seem a lot of pilot types working on the offcampus program with SIU over at Dupage. They're program seems pretty good as a finish up for those with jobs.

If you are going to do an online course, why do you care if it is in the Chicago area? You don't need to be near the campus.

A great resource is the book "Distance Degrees" available at www.collegeathome.com . Detailed listings, up to date, with hundreds of colleges and universitys listed.

kingaira90 said:
If you are going to do an online course, why do you care if it is in the Chicago area? You don't need to be near the campus.

So I could get the in state fees instead if the out of state,Im thinking that would be alot cheaper. I'm trying to weigh all my options before I start.
thanks to you and WIGGSFLY for the info.

Smart Cookie

good idea! I will check my copy of the book I referenced above and see what I can find for the greater Chicago an Il area.-KINGAIRA90

Some leads

In order by price per hr listed in the book “Distance Degrees” 2004 edition. The prices do not reflect any in state discounts.

Western Illinois University

309-298-1929

www.wiu.edu/ses/

Non-Traditional Programs

$99 per credit hour

Governors State University

708-534-4087

www.govst.edu/bog

BOG BA Program

$100 per/hr

University of St Francis

800-735-4723

www.stfrancis.edu

$315-$440 p/hr

University of Illinois at Springfield

http://mis.uis.edu/mis_online

www.online.uillinois.edu

800-525-8533

800-323-9243

$$$ same ballpark as St.Francis

National-Louis University

800-443-5522

http://nlu.nl.edu/ace/

www.nl.edu

$461 p/hr

Not in Illinois

Thomas Edison State College

www.tesc.edu

Located in New Jersey. Buuuut you can get an aviation technology degree using your ratings for 25-30 credits of the total degree (I think 120 credits total). Also they are very good at taking equivalency exams in liu of classes, ie CLEP DANTES and TESC exams.

All of these schools are accredited by regional accrediting bodies. Meaning their credits should transfer. The prices probably were right on the day the book was written but are probably more ballpark now.

If you just want to get some cheap credits fast, do clep exams. www.clepexam.com and www.instantcert.com. Instantcert is a cool site that gives you a study enviroment like using a gleim or ASA book but for CLEP exams!

Good luck I hope this helps.-kingaira90

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Latest resources

Back