OMDB Dubai

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TundraT

Anybody have any recent experience going into and staying in Dubai for a couple of days. Search has no up to date intel. Thanks in advance.

No problems .. we have had airplanes through there several times in the past year and I have a very good friend who lives there working for Emirates. TransMach

There is quite a lot to see and do there. From the City Centre Mall to the Gold Souk. Marriott has several hotels there, plus there is the 7 Star hotel in the bay. As the Middle East goes it is very cosmopolitan.

Check yer notams, the place is in a constant state of reconstruction.

I work in the 121 world, and we have stopped listing DXB as an alternate because of the ever changing runway and taxiway closures. The construction guys there also don't really pay attention to what is closed. They might be working on a runway that is NOT notamed closed.

Last edited:
We stay at the J.W. Marriott. Nice place, with a German Pub inside (Great food). Plus it is kinda funny to be in the UAE and see Middle-East guys wearing leaderhosen (spelling?).

Best destination in the Mid East. Great choice of accommodations, lots to see, and an aviation friendly environment. No worries.

Have a good trip.

GV

Im currently in Dubai as we speak.

I have always stayed in the Traders Hotel when I pass through. Real nice place.

Other airline crews stay here, i.e Atlas, Singapore, etc.

Dubai is nice the first few times, but becomes a little old from then on out (at least for me it did). Too much construction, traffic can be a mess, etc. Its got that Vegas'ish feel to it (plastic, flashy, etc).

Seen some nice Ferraris and Landrovers on the highway though.

Jumeriah Beach is nice. I was only asked once this week on the beach if I wanted to "buy a lady".

Enjoy

We stay at the J.W. Marriott. Nice place, with a German Pub inside (Great food). Plus it is kinda funny to be in the UAE and see Middle-East guys wearing leaderhosen (spelling?).

Is leaderhosen (spelling) the traditional white robes and cloaks they wear with the head gear and sandals?? Saw a bunch of tradionally dressed (presumably Muslims) guys with thick beards down in the Intercontinental bar drinking and smoking, which I found very funny!!

MURF

Latest resources

Back