• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hmmm. Let's see. In 11 years in this profession my salary went from $13,000/yr to a little over $100,000/yr, back to $25,000, and finally to the mid $50s. I've been furloughed 3 times, worked for 7 airlines and one corporation.

Yup. Shoulda been a lawyer.

Being a lawyer may have kept your gainfully employed, but think of all the fun you would have missed out on!! :)

Even though my friends will say I am a Jew, I never even heard of a Dreidel until the pre-South Park made by Matt and Trey "Spirit of Christmas", which eventually became South Park as we know it.

There was that one time a JAP came back from Africa with her new man, in full tribal costume, and her mother was shocked, distraught, seeing her daugher with him. The daughter says "I found just what you told me to get, a witch doctor". The mom says "No, I told you to find a rich doctah, not a witch doctah!"

Last edited:
Let's see. I need an excuse to bump this thread back to the top...

So... Anybody else stuck in their house waiting for the power to fail from the ice storm today? We've got the pilot-light lit on the gas fireplace, the battery powered radio, tv, and lanterns, and a roast in the slow-cooker so we should be good to go if we lose power.

I figure there is OBAP and the 99,s. Probably a female airline pilots association out there. So being of the Jewish pursuasion I am thinking of starting OJAP! Our mission statement would be to bring more Jews into the airline piloting profession. We don't need any more doctors and certainly we don't need any more lawyers so I would like to try to convince more of my people to become airline pilots! Any Jew would be able to join, who's with me? Remember, it's OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots not
Jewish American Princesses!

Great. What next, an Eskimo Airline Pilots Assoc.?

BenderGonzo said:"I can attest that being Jewish in a predominantly Southern Baptist town is challenging at best... downright uncomfortable at worst.

Interestingly, i'm not particularly religious. I haven't been to synagogue since my Bar Mitzvah. But now that I have a son I want him to have the opportunity to learn his heritage and benefit from the moral lessons that religion teaches. (although I acknowledge that morals could be taught at home with or without religion).

In this town it would not be unlikely for a child to come home from preschool with a coloring-book page of Jesus. There is a church with not one, but three 50 foot-tall crosses. It is not uncommon to see folks praying before they eat at restaurants.

I realize the challenges of raising a Jewish child in this environment and, despite the lack of religion in my own life, I feel he will feel less exclusion if it is in his."

Hey Beegee, you chose for whatever reason to live in the g-dforsaken south, so don't be surprised to learn that your kid will most certainly marry a shiksa and have a Christmas tree in his house. Statistically, your kid is doomed to fail in Judaism, despite your wishful thinking. My wife and I live in Phoenix, but we agreed that with kids in the future we're going to move to the northeast or LA. We will sacrifice for our children - what a concept!

I like this definition of what makes someone Jewish: You are Jewish if your grandchildren are Jewish. If you don't live amongst Jews, don't go to Temple regularly, and of course don't leave a Jewish life, your kids will not marry someone Jewish and tada your grandchildren will be goys. Good Job!

Last edited:
Well, you know aviation. Follow the jobs. If I hadn't been furloughed so darned many times we'd probably still live in Pittsburgh.

Gotta put food on the table --kosher or otherwise

Well, you know aviation. Follow the jobs. If I hadn't been furloughed so darned many times we'd probably still live in Pittsburgh.

Did yinz live near dahntahn or closer to S'liberty???

Just kidding with you, I grew up north of the 'burgh.:beer: (IC Light)

Nah. I grew up in Crappyopolis....looking longingly across the river at Sewickly and wondering if we would ever make enough to live there. ;)

Latest resources

Back