• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In that case I can't wait for the day when all religions stop trying to force their views on people, can practice religion privately, and stop trying to kill people of other religions just because they have different views. This goes for a majority of religions as there are a few exceptions.

How about it? I never could understand why anyone cares what someone else's view on religion is. As long as you mind your own business about it, WHO CARES????

Give me a break. A chick that got hired at UPS before being old enough to drink bitching about a good old boys club?

Right. The man has really kept you down.

FJ

Yep, I only had 300TT too.....na na na na na :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just more proof that you womens got it easy.

Any luck getting your water bottle through security this week?

FJ

That being said, Judiasm is a religion and thus does not define a race of people therefore I find it interesting that people are seriously considering this.
There's a Jewish culture as well. While not technically meeting the definition of an ethnicity, the Jews nevertheless constitute a distinctive group based on religion and culture.
I believe that the Jews are the only people who have(over history) demanded an independent nation based on a "religous" right.
Zionism is not a demand, but a wish.
What is the term, Zionist? I'm not claiming that I'm knowledgable in the arena so a lecture would be appreciated and not taken as an insult. Just trying to see if the idea of a group comes from the historical view that Jews are a people instead of Judiasm is a religion that many people profess.
The Jews used to be true nation and ethnicity. It's only through the two millenia of diaspora (dispersion) that interbreeding and occasional conversions diluted us. To this day there are genetic links to the Middle East in most Jewish families. Zion is an ancient name for Jerusalem. Zionism was originally a purely secular movement to recreate a Jewish country in the ancient homeland so the Jews could escape the perpetual persecution. Later on, the religious Zionists joined in. The Zionist philosophy is that Israel is the only place where Jews can be safe and thus all Jews should aspire to live there. Modern Zionism still favors that yet grudgingly acknowledges that there's much good that can be done by Jews living outside of Israel.

TWA Dude,

Thanks for the information and thanks for not taking my post in the wrong way. I was slways curious and you answered so many questions.

IAHERJ

Latest resources

Back