Off Line Jump Seating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Red Leader

Any info on American's rules and SWA's rules would be greatly appreciated. Need to get from LIT to CLE this friday. I have all the required ID.....need protocal and dress code.

At American, make sure to "meal list" at 1-888-933-5922. Some agents won't even consider letting you on unless you are on the list ahead of time.

SWA

Call and list using automated SWA Non-Rev line # 866-792-7529. Copy record locator and take to gate.
Complete jumpseat pass and pre board when they make that announcment.

Good luck...

qxeplt,

I think only SWA pilots may pre-board. Either that or I'm extremely unlucky. I always end up boarding with my group and then get stuck talking to the pilots while the plane fills up.

My experience...

I have jumped SWA a ton and everytime I pre board. Almost always I've had the counter folks tell me to board with all the pre board passengers. Why do you think people love jumping on SWA? It's cause they treat you like you're their own. I always thought it was way cool of them to let you on first, yak at the crew and then go find a great seat next to a hottie. If you're worried about it then it never hurts to ask the gate.

Hi!

Officially, I believe AA has a strict dress code.

The best option is to wear your pilot uniform.

If you aren't in uniform (it helps a lot for security, etc.), I would definitely wear a tie, and you may have to even wear a coat to JS AA (officially).

It really is up to the captain, and, in practice, most captains may be more relaxed-I don't know for sure-
Any AA pilots care to comment?

Cliff
GRB

I've jumped on AA quite a bit over the past few months. Never wore my uniform, but always had a sport coat (no tie). Never had a problem.

CesnaCaptn said:
qxeplt,

I think only SWA pilots may pre-board. Either that or I'm extremely unlucky. I always end up boarding with my group and then get stuck talking to the pilots while the plane fills up.

ALL jumpseaters PRE-board. Just clear it with the gate agent to make sure. Every offline pilot I've ever seen has pre-boarded.

Excuse my ignorance

When jumpseating on SWA, do they allow only as many offline jumpseaters as there are jumpseats in the cockpit, or will they fill the plane with offline jumpseaters like Amer West?

AA jumpseat dress code is "casual business".
Slacks and a golf shirt is fine, just no jeans or tennis shoes.
Still only AA and Eagle allowed in the cockpit, and only one
jumpseater in the back per jumpseat installed, hopefully that will change.

Latest resources

Back