Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brett Hull

Pastafarian
Looks like we're going to have a few days in TEB later this week. Anyone have any good recommendations for hotels in the city, preferably less than $250 clams? I'm tired of staying in Secaucus. One can only eat at the Outback so many times. :rolleyes:

The Intercontinental midtown has good weekend rates - especially if you are a Club Continent member. Decent location right near Rock Center.

Catch a ride down to Lil' Italy...yummy...

Only thing good about Jersey is the chiks. I love high hair and a bad attitude.

:) .

Try the Milford Plaza, right in midtown. Tell them you want the airline rate.

tittyjet said:
Try the Milford Plaza, right in midtown. Tell them you want the airline rate.

I second the Mildew Plaza, not the greatest rooms but it is pretty cheap. 15 different airlines can't be wrong!!

One block off Times Square, so you are right in the middle of everything.

milford plaza...reminds me of that old commercial for it.

DaDa..DaDa..Da..Da..De..Doooo!!!!!!!!! The Lullaby of Broadway!!!!!!!!!

And in the center of it all?????????? Is the Milford Plaza!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone NYers remember this??

Something Completely Different

http://www.larchmonthotel.com/

The Larchmont is a little place with a lot of character. It's on West 11th Street between 5th & 6th Avenues, in Greenwich Village.

When friends visit from Europe, this is where they often stay.

It's a little bit funky. It's a little bit charming. It's modest and clean. It's inexpensive by NYC standards.

There's a 24~hour good cafe 100 yards away.

The neighborhood is great. Away from the ludicrous Disneyfied rubbish of Times Square.

West 11th Street is a quiet, residential tree~lined street of pretty landmark private homes, most built in the 19th century.

All major subway lines are a few steps away.

Mel Brooks, Ann Bancroft and Dustin Hoffman live on the block (as well as others).

If you're looking for something totally different in NYC and want some native guidance, please PM me. My pleasure to assist with restaurants, blah, blah, blah.

Brett Hull said:
Looks like we're going to have a few days in TEB later this week. Anyone have any good recommendations for hotels in the city, preferably less than $250 clams? I'm tired of staying in Secaucus. One can only eat at the Outback so many times. :rolleyes:

Marriott Brooklyn Bridge...........taint bad! Right around da block from Bed Stuy YO :cool: Time to make da donuts Nuff respect and Im out

I wonder if ole Dustin ever gets over to Mrs. Robinson's for a little stroll down memory lane. I can hear Simon and Garfunkel in the background right now. Man, she was the original MILF!!!

Gulfstream 200 said:
Catch a ride down to Lil' Italy...yummy...

Only thing good about Jersey is the chiks. I love high hair and a bad attitude.

:) .

Been to Angelo's on Mulburry? Awsome taramisu <sp>.

The other good thing about Jersey is the Italian food. All the real gangsters live in Jersey now. I forgot the name of the place, but there is an Italian resturant across the street from Segovia's that beats anything in Lil' Italy.

Happy Eats!

Yessir, Ardolino's is the restaurant you refer to, and a good choice. Must be a dozen good Italian joints within a mile or two of TEB. That's because as someone has earlier pointed out, it's Joisey !

Latest resources

Back