NWA, you have to be kidding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9rj9

Northwest took a $3.9 billion charge of its own related to its market value decline. Its loss came despite a 9 percent increase in sales, and Northwest, too, missed analysts' earnings expectations.
Excluding the accounting charge and losses from some fuel hedges, Northwest said it would have lost $191 million in the quarter. In a memo to Delta employees Wednesday, Ed Bastian, Delta's president and chief financial officer, said the airline expects some of its peers to record similar accounting adjustments. A spokeswoman said Delta would have recorded the charge regardless of the tie-up with Northwest.

How do you lose money hedging fuel, freaking idiots...good luck delta

Last edited:
How the F do you lose on fuel hedges? I guess if someone could figure it out how to...Steenland could.

I think it is a conspiracy on the parts of DAL and NWA managements to (1) convince the feds that they are dying without each other and (2) reduce the combined company value ... so 3.5% and 4% just got reduced by more than a half in dollar value.

If they can do this why wouldn't they?

I think it is a conspiracy on the parts of DAL and NWA managements to (1) convince the feds that they are dying without each other and (2) reduce the combined company value ... so 3.5% and 4% just got reduced by more than a half in dollar value.

If they can do this why wouldn't they?

The 3.5% and 4% are given to the employees at the END of the transaction, which is in 10-12 months. The stock COULD BE $15 by that time. One time charges done now get them out of the way. You also have to remember that Steenland's extra compensation (the additional $3.5 million (on top of the $8.75 million) he gets if he stays through the transaction) is also based off of the stock price. Do you think he wants less money? He wants to take his money and run.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Is his $3.5 million based on shares he already owns or shares he would be issued? If it's based on shares he would be issued, it doesn't matter what the stock price is. They will just issue more shares.

NW and DL employees just got screwed again. I wonder what other creative ways they will invent to screw you all over...

General,

Is his $3.5 million based on shares he already owns or shares he would be issued? If it's based on shares he would be issued, it doesn't matter what the stock price is. They will just issue more shares.

NW and DL employees just got screwed again. I wonder what other creative ways they will invent to screw you all over...

Well, then I GUESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN. Do you know the lottery numbers too? Again, the 3.5% for the Dalpa pilots is based off of stock at the end of the transaction. If you know the stock will be less, then I would call your broker. Will Steenland get more options? I really don't know, and neither do you. He probably will, and he will have a better retirement than most pilots, I am sure......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Notta chance. That is more than double the current price and oil isn't going anywhere for at least a little while.

I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe it will be $10 a share? Who cares, it is a year out. I hope you are wrong too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

You are missing my question. Is Steenland getting $3.5 million worth of stock no matter what the stock price is or is the $3.5 million based on his current holdings? I'm sorry you took my post offensively but in no way was it meant in a derogatory manner.

Well, then I GUESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN. Do you know the lottery numbers too? Again, the 3.5% for the Dalpa pilots is based off of stock at the end of the transaction. If you know the stock will be less, then I would call your broker. Will Steenland get more options? I really don't know, and neither do you. He probably will, and he will have a better retirement than most pilots, I am sure......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back