• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Recall survey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If as many of us do defer as I expect then we may be forced to make a decision sooner rather than later... I hope that's not the case. What's been the word w/ the guys who are there now... is this compass thing going to be a big operation or a joke like MidAtlantic was... and if it is a big operation when is it going to get reallly going???

Tail

Just spoke to an ANC 747FO who asked me if I was looking forward to coming back and flying for Compass... I did everything I could to keep from laughing in his face.

After I told him how bad the new contract is from my POV he had a perplexed look on his face like I was from Mars.

As I told him, the biggest fear now is getting recalled to the right seat of a DC9 only to have them go away and displaced to the right seat of an E190/170 for half the pay.

Bypass, Bypass, Bypass.....

FYI-

A lot of "senior" & "mid-level" guys are leaving.

Wait until the Early Out Program kicks in.....then things will reeeeeally get interesting.

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
FYI-

A lot of "senior" & "mid-level" guys are leaving.

Wait until the Early Out Program kicks in.....then things will reeeeeally get interesting.

320AV8R

From the frying pan to the oven

early out? like early retirement? never heard of that in the contract. i am wondering myself who will staff Compass, my theory has been justified reading all these responses....no (or very few) NWA would go to staff Compass.

off the street hires I'm guessing. Most of the guys I know that are furloughed are like you guys, won't go back just to keep sitting in an RJ.

Another bypass here. I'm with Prang, wait until a good a/c and block. I just got hired with a 91 operator who will write anything I want and try to get into that 4-year extension.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get back to accrue pay seniority but stay out any fly for someone else? I hear UAL has this opportunity. This might work for a military guy, but I can’t find it for the rest of us.

Baja.

Nope

Won't go Compass. NWA mainline is an absolute last resort if other opportunities don't come through.

Latest resources

Back