NWA Position Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a few questions.
How long is training for Indoc and systems?
What is seniority based on age or ssn?
How do they assign you an aircraft and base?

I have a few questions.
How long is training for Indoc and systems?

Indoc is 2 weeks and ground school and sim is another 4-5 weeks depending on which aircraft you get.

What is seniority based on age or ssn?

Based on age in your class. Everyone in your class will have the same hire date, but seniority number based on oldest to youngest.

How do they assign you an aircraft and base?

They used to come down sometime in indoc with a list of openings. You get to think over the options for a night, then next day they start with most senior in class and ask what he desires from list, then work down the class to most junior. My class was hired back in '96 with slots for S/O 727,Dc10,747, F/O Dc9,727,A320, & 757. Things haven't quite progressed that far yet, but I keep hearing at NATCO that A320 F/O slots will soon be available for new hires.

This theory that the legacies are avoiding "eating their young" (i.e. hiring from their own regional affiliates) is happening big-time and I'm surprised more hasn't been said about it. At CHQ, we are losing more people to NWA than anywhere else ... BY FAR ... right now. And they're the only one of the Big Six we're not linked up with. Coincidence? I think not.

champion guys aren't getting called by NWA either.....

I don't think you do if your posting of flight time is accurate. But thanks for the understanding, BUD...

Nice.....he offers you consolation and you call him a liar! What an ass! Maybe thats why your not getting hired. By the way, where do you see his posted flight time?

Nice.....he offers you consolation and you call him a liar! What an ass! Maybe thats why your not getting hired. By the way, where do you see his posted flight time?

I used to have it on there, I went through and changed my avatar and all my info on there so its not on there anymore. I guess since i have under 4000tt and got hired my opinion doesnt count since he has more tt than me. Oh well, you cant please everyone. Good luck to everyone trying to get on though its a great time to get hired.

Who called someone a liar? If you read it again, you might understand. Someone with 3-4000 hrs might not understand how a few hundred guys and girls with double, triple, quadruple that experience feel about getting passed over just because they work for a subsidiary. We saw it in 1999, 2000, and 2001. And we see it again.

I am not interested in consolation, just interested in pointing out the truth. And the term "bud" went out with Jeff Spicoli.

His flight time was listed under his avatar.

And if I am an ass, you are a pimple on me.

Who called someone a liar? If you read it again, you might understand. Someone with 3-4000 hrs might not understand how a few hundred guys and girls with double, triple, quadruple that experience feel about getting passed over just because they work for a subsidiary. We saw it in 1999, 2000, and 2001. And we see it again.

I am not interested in consolation, just interested in pointing out the truth. And the term "bud" went out with Jeff Spicoli.

His flight time was listed under his avatar.

And if I am an ass, you are a pimple on me.

The term "Bud" wasn't meant to be condescending, i understand your frustration but the fact is you felt the urge to talk down to me for some reason because i was fortunate enough to get hired with less time than you currently have. Forgive me if i dont apologize. Either way Good luck to you.

The term "Bud" wasn't meant to be condescending, i understand your frustration but the fact is you felt the urge to talk down to me for some reason because i was fortunate enough to get hired with less time than you currently have. Forgive me if i dont apologize. Either way Good luck to you.

Oh YAWN.

Let me explain the point. I don't think you understand, still.

NWA is interviewing lots of people. Many from many places, except not Champion, Pinnacle, or Mesaba. I don't care that you got hired with low time. I am speaking out for the masses.

THE POINT is that NWA is intentionally not INTERVIEWING literally hundreds of pilots with 10,000 plus hours simply because they work for NWA red-tail family companies.

Its great that you got hired.

Once, I sat in an airbus jumpseat next to a former Chatauqua guy. He was telling me how great it was that he got hired with about 2,500 hrs and how easy it was...and maybe I should apply too. Well, at the time I had an app on file and about 5,000 hrs. But why would they hire me with a couple of types, a check-airman letter and a spotless training record. I sat there and tried really hard not to hate his stupidity. He didn't have a clue what an average new-hire needed to qualify.

Oh yeah, he didn't have the same color skin as me.

Life isn't fair. But that doesn't mean that people getting screwed should sit quietly.

And people like me wouldn't roll our eyes collectively when you take a post about the situation personally, or try to make nice by saying "dude, I totally understand how you feel..I have been working for my airline for a whole 4 or 5 years and my major won't hire me"

blah blah blah blah

Latest resources

Back