NWA pilots headed to Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ghostrider64

We are hearing rumors about NWA pilots being offered a fast track to interviews here. I'm curious if this is true?

I'm also interested in clearing up another rumor we've heard. The story goes that during a jumpseat committee meeting between our man and NWA's that the NWA person was very disrespectful and basically shunned our rep. Now I don't know if this is true or not but it is floating around our property.

Folks here aren't too happy with several "little" things that seem to be adding up against NWA. We btw are honoring the mechanics strike at NWA.

Can anyone clear the air?

ghostrider64 said:
We are hearing rumors about NWA pilots being offered a fast track to interviews here. I'm curious if this is true?

I'm also interested in clearing up another rumor we've heard. The story goes that during a jumpseat committee meeting between our man and NWA's that the NWA person was very disrespectful and basically shunned our rep. Now I don't know if this is true or not but it is floating around our property.

Folks here aren't too happy with several "little" things that seem to be adding up against NWA. We btw are honoring the mechanics strike at NWA.

Can anyone clear the air?

GR64-

Our previous JS coordinator was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. He is transitioning out of that position, & I have no info on his replacement. I'm unaware of what's going on in the JS world, between NJ & NWA.

I'm not sure which JS guy met with your guys, but I would be surprised if either one was anything less than respectable to your rep. You have a very professional pilot group & should be treated as such.

320AV8R

ghostrider64 said:
We btw are honoring the mechanics strike at NWA.

What do you mean by this? Did NetJets use NWA mechanics in the past and now are not? Other then moral support what do you mean by this?

ghostrider64 said:
...... We btw are honoring the mechanics strike at NWA.

That is very commendable of you. What do you mean by honoring the mechanic strike? Are you, as Netjets pilots, refusing to turn wrenches on NWA aircraft? Or maybe your pilots are refusing to operate your corporate jets to fly NWA 121 flights. I am sure the pressure from Management is excruciating.

Maybe they are refusing to fly back to their homes or "bases" on NW from their tours of duty. That could send a message, and most of their tickets are spur of the moment, probably high cost.

Bye Bye--General Lee

From another post I think that NJ is not flying their crews on NWA flights for deadhead purposes. NJ is Teamsters.

As a former NWA pilot I'd like to see NJ $$ going into the NWA pockets, but on the other hand after flying them recently it wouldn't hurt my feelings to fly on someone else.

As for jumpseat - I'm also very suprised that anyone from NWA treated a NJ rep badly. My understanding is that NJ doesn't have jumpseats with anyone so what talks could be going on? It would be great to see NJ get JP - but what can they offer in return? Not trying to flame, just asking?

Baja.

I'll take a stab at this since I'm a NJA Pilot. Basically here at NetJets we have the choice of declining a flight on a NWA aircraft or any of there Feeders when it comes to begining and ending our tours due to the MX strike. From what I've seen alot of our crews are honnoring this. However a few crews that reside in NWA dominated cities don't have much choice. Hopefully this will answer your question Green? You probably feel pretty stupid about your post about Know.

popgoesbubble said:
I'll take a stab at this since I'm a NJA Pilot. Basically here at NetJets we have the choice of declining a flight on a NWA aircraft or any of there Feeders when it comes to begining and ending our tours due to the MX strike. From what I've seen alot of our crews are honnoring this. However a few crews that reside in NWA dominated cities don't have much choice. Hopefully this will answer your question Green? You probably feel pretty stupid about your post about Know.

when did you fly the A320?

to add too this. Netjets does offer jumpseat. It's just very hard to use it, becuase there are no quarantees if you will get to where you want to go. about 40-50% of our flights are repo flights, and we have agreements with a few carriers to jumpseat. I'm sure the only thing the NWA JS guy said was; we aren't letting any 135 pukes jumpseat on us.

popgoesbubble,

Ah didn´t think of that. Thanks. Yeah I feel a little chagringed. Very admirable of you guys. Just making fun, it´s a webboard for chris$sakes. As for feeling a little stupid, sure, but you might want to take another look at that last sentence of yours. There is the word Know and then there is Now. Let me guess, NetJets does not require a college degree do they? LOL....just pulling your chain. Sorry again for failing to see how you guys are supporting the NWA mechanics.

Latest resources

Back