• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA looking for new regional partner

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would definetely agree that Independence Air could use the money by bidding on NWA flying, but wouldn't giving up 40 of their RJs kill their current flying as Independence Air. I mean they don't have the busses on line yet and it may be a while before they can get enough of them on property to continue to run Independence. I guess my question is... is Independence Air ready and willing to give up on Independence and basically throw away all that money it cost them to start it up to jump right back into the regional feed market?

Any Independence Air guys willing to chime in?

Last edited:
I am not from Indy Air but in my opinion they will bid on NWA flying. You have to do what it takes to stay in business. Indy Air is not working out.

All kidding aside, don't expect much from FLYi management. Right now as their are busy swatting the flies while being trampled by elephants. The concept of expanding in to another feed agreement is silly. They have their hands full as it is.

:)

I think it's been mentioned before in another thread that flying for NW isn't all that a sweet deal. First of all, this deal only strikes in condition such as a major hits the dust and there's a vaccum of power in a hub, then NW can solicit another regional for flying, and no where does it say it's gonna be permanent.

Second of all, if you've seen NW's philosophy, it's all about the dollar sign. If they see they're making money from such hub, they might as well buy off those routes and leave the RJ carrier standing in the dust. Of course I hope that won't be the case.

Pinnacle

Steveair said:
Does anyone know if Pinnacle is still interviewing?
Word is there's 60 FO and 24 CA vacancies about to be officially posted - large and unexpected numbers. A large number of both GIA and ER alumni have been snatched up. I see ads from the hiring dep't to. Yes, Pinnacle is interviewing here in Memphis for sure too.

LivinDaDream said:
Don't start drooling!!!

The agreement allows for 40 additional 50 seaters ONLY in the event of a current Legacy's failure. It is for the SOLE purpose of instantly jumping into a void if one occurs without any Capital investment from NWA, rather than waiting for a current AirLink to buy aircraft and train pilots. It's an insurance policy against something that may never occur.

This is a 100% incorrect statement. There are no contractual terms on the addition of this new flying. The NWA MEC used this scenario in publications and roadshows to make the NW pilots feel a little better about f*cking PCL and XJ pilots over. This scenario has evolved into urban legend among mainliners. I guess its true that if you tell the same lie long enough it eventually becomes true.

another cfii said:
I think it's been mentioned before in another thread that flying for NW isn't all that a sweet deal. First of all, this deal only strikes in condition such as a major hits the dust and there's a vaccum of power in a hub, then NW can solicit another regional for flying, and no where does it say it's gonna be permanent.

Second of all, if you've seen NW's philosophy, it's all about the dollar sign. If they see they're making money from such hub, they might as well buy off those routes and leave the RJ carrier standing in the dust. Of course I hope that won't be the case.

AMEN to this one...

I'd bet "IF" flying of a scale large enough to require 40 RJ's came to fruition.. NWA pilot's will be all over it calling it "their" flying in no time at all.

Latest resources

Back