Nwa Hr Called Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

talespin

FYI I was an 01 hire that never made it to class. NWA flushed the pool shortly after 9/11 and finally called me today to offer me an interview. I was told that there was no guarantee that someone off the street wouldn't be in class ahead of me but rather this was a courtesy call to invite the poolies to apply on line and get a preferential interview. I was told it would be a full interview/sim ride with no guarantee. Just a heads up on what's to come if you were in the pool. Oh I asked if this was for compass or NWA, she said it would be for NWA.

yep

Got the same call, not planning on giving them the honor to watch my cat like reflexes in the sim again.
It was a different airline when I interviewed the first time.

Yep, you can say that again.

Got the same call, not planning on giving them the honor to watch my cat like reflexes in the sim again.

Yup, I told her thanks but no thanks!

Wonder if UAL and others will do the same. It's nice they offered that to a "flushed poolie".

What a bunch of pricks. Sure, I want to come back to an airline that's known for treating its pilots like ********************.... oh and I want get that kind of treatment from the moment I start the interview. If you're in the pool before, the least NW could do is honor their original promise.

I was under the impression that Majors did not have a sim ride during their interview process. Was I wrong in thinking that? If its true, maybe NWA is having sim rides in a frasca to save Sim time at NATCO. Or maybe it says something about the people they will be wanting to hire. Who knows, maybe they priced themselves into competing with themselves for pilots (I.E. Compass and Mesaba).

Got hired the week before 9/11 then flushed. I got a letter a couple of weeks ago that said the same thing. I think I am happy the way things turned out and will let this opportunity go.

All airlines were a different creature before 9/11. Anyone with a ?, p.m. me and will give you honest info of what and where things are going.

All airlines were a different creature before 9/11. Anyone with a ?, p.m. me and will give you honest info of what and where things are going.

By the looks of the 4L deice pad in DTW they are going nowhere. Do you think the new deal from management will help that situation any?

Latest resources

Back