• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Hiring scoop???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you forget the free $$$ we all got once they came out of BK? I was 2 yr and got $72k less taxes. I'd say ALPA did us a solid.

Baja.[/quote]

Baja,

Did not forget it at all. It was very nice and totally unexpected. Mine was not as large as yours and shrunk from the original announcement. The only reason that we got that money is because they gave it to the retired guys. They couldn't figure out a way to give it to them and not give it to the furloughed guys who weren't back at the company yet. I've been talking with my rep constantly and I can tell you that for the most part they just wish that the furloughed/junior guys would go away. They are not giving any priority or willing to use any negotiating capital to obtain provisions (longevity credit) that are important to us. I could break even if I was at third year pay, but unfortunately, I did not complete my first year (fell short by three weeks) and did not get the credits that you did. Hope things are going well for you.

Backer

Atpcliff,

NWA does have a matching program but I forget what it is.. The retirement for folks on the property now and newhires will be different. If you are on the property you will receive something around 8% non matching once everything is done.

For new hires I think it is just a straight 5% match.. I know someone will correct me on those figures.

The bottom line is that it's still better than any commuter, but that is not saying a whole lot for retirement purposes. This is no longer a career it's a job.

Hi!

Well, that's better than I read. It is about the same as where I am now, and basically everything else is better.

cliff
YIP

Baja,
Longevity
credit? People have been asking for it at least 30 yrs. When I was furloughed we asked too. Nobody every gotit.Not
a new subject.
Redtail
. Golden Recommendation? Never heard of it.
ATPCLIFF, NWA gives ALPA 5% for each pilot. Some get 8% but new hires will get like 3% senior guys zero . The idea is to make the people in the middle who were most effected by shutting down the pension whole.

Last edited:
If you were 3 weeks shy of completing your first year you are not coming back for reason you do not mention here - most likely you have a better gig going. FWIW, if you came back you'd be 2nd year pay before you complete sims.......

If you were 3 weeks shy of completing your first year you are not coming back for reason you do not mention here - most likely you have a better gig going. FWIW, if you came back you'd be 2nd year pay before you complete sims.......

Hi Fly4hire,

I did mention it. I can't afford to come back at $30 or $57 an hour. I do want to come back as I enjoy the upper midwest and the NW pilots are great to work with. I gave up my military career to pursue an airline career. I do have a pretty good gig as it will take me about 7 years once back to make what I'm making now. No regrets. You have to play the hand your dealt.

Backer

Hi!

Well, that's better than I read. It is about the same as where I am now, and basically everything else is better.

cliff
YIP
hey cliff. If you're doing the usajet thing, then nwa is probably better. If you do get hired, though, I wouldn't stop applying EVERYWHERE else (except maybe UAL) for a while.

I fly for a rather large 737 operator based down south. My animosity towards the NW group is based on the experiences from when I was with JetBlue. The snotty attitudes, and petty jumpseat wars perpetuated by the Northwest crews was absolutely disgusting. The fact that I proudly wore my ALPA Battlestar and was on the union organizing committee while at JetBlue didn't count for anything. All you NW putzes ever cared to see was a blue shirt, and you were all so scared, that you behaved like 5 year-olds, taking your ball and going home. I'm sure there are some great guys and gals at Northwest. It was just that whenever I ran into them at airports, hotel vans, etc., I never saw it.

Bob,

And who might you work for???

Last edited:
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I did apply at FedEx and SWA. FedEx isn't hiring for a year or so, and SWA employees will probably be forced to take pay concessions this year. They have to radically change their business model to stay the number one passenger airline in the US. Will it work???

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back