• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Hiring scoop???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK....sarcasm and posts blasting the company aside, does anyone have any legitimate information? I read the news, I know what has happened with the company and the moral problems that are occuring. I am in the belief that when the management is "cleaned", NWA will be a great place again.

I have my reasons for wanting to work there. I am currently enjoying a fairly good life. However I am employed by a large "regional" as a line check airman, and life with a major would be the same, and more than likely better than where I am now. At least I would not have pilots with temp. certificates trying to keep me from coming home alive.

There is less of a future where I am now, than there would be at NWA. Also, I want to get my family back to MN, and NWA would be a way to not commute (eventually).

BTW whats wrong with a DC-9? They are built like tanks and have more room the a modern RJ... glass is not best thing in the world either. Additionally, the FA's aren't that great when I am, and I really do not care, my wife takes care of me better than any FA ever could.

Even the "flavors of the month" are not immune to downsizing and corporate raiders.

Can anyone really answer the original question????

(Don't correct my spelling or grammer...I really don't care. I am not a writer.)

Has anyone with NWA heard what the application process, minimums, and interview process will be? Additionally what is the timeframe, and where will newhires go (Equip/DOM)?

Thanks[/quote]

I currently am furloughed from NWA and can't afford to go back. I was furloughed just short of one complete year and have been continually screwed over by the company and to a lesser degree, NWA ALPA. They are currently going through the recall list and approximately 50% of those available for recall are resigning their seniority. They should start hiring soon as they are woefully short now and will not get the number of furloughed pilots to come back that they thought. The union is not pressing for longevity credit for us, not trying to protect our seniority number and have continually consented to outsourcing to protect their pension.

They should have something in an online format in about a month. Minimums will probably be pretty low commensurate with the low pay that they extracted during bankruptcy. You can expect the DC9 to Detroit on reserve. I don't think this will change for awhile. Things to keep in mind. This is a mainline outfit that is downsizing. The fear is that they either will merge or will continue to outsource more of their flying to Compass, Pinnacle and Mesaba. I think you can expect a lot of time on the bottom of the list if not flowed throught to Compass, Mesaba or Pinnacle. Good luck! I'm doing my part to protect junior wages, but I don't think anyone cares. Not a good time.

I am waiting to see what our union says about our flow through program that NWA-and NWA ALPA have agreed on. Some of our union reps are being closed mouthed about the specifics, or as soon as they make up their mind about how it will suit us. They have our entire group to think about, seems to me they will make the right moves.

For me, I will use it as a back up to a couple other places I would like to go. Keeping in mind such factors as NWA's bad rep for employee relations, MSP base, their bad pay etc. keep in mind, they allowed the flow through (NWA management) because they fore see them being low on every ones list of majors they want to go to

NWA & Instructordude.....

:laugh: Me baby! Me!:laugh:

Sometimes there is true magic in these things-a true f-tard like instructordude working for this sorry, sorry airline like NWA...... That would be a beautiful thing... Just don't forget to tell your wife that you are batting 80% on your overnights at NWA too...
-Nice

Has anyone with NWA heard what the application process, minimums, and interview process will be? Additionally what is the timeframe, and where will newhires go (Equip/DOM)?

Thanks

I currently am furloughed from NWA and can't afford to go back. I was furloughed just short of one complete year and have been continually screwed over by the company and to a lesser degree, NWA ALPA. They are currently going through the recall list and approximately 50% of those available for recall are resigning their seniority. They should start hiring soon as they are woefully short now and will not get the number of furloughed pilots to come back that they thought. The union is not pressing for longevity credit for us, not trying to protect our seniority number and have continually consented to outsourcing to protect their pension.

They should have something in an online format in about a month. Minimums will probably be pretty low commensurate with the low pay that they extracted during bankruptcy. You can expect the DC9 to Detroit on reserve. I don't think this will change for awhile. Things to keep in mind. This is a mainline outfit that is downsizing. The fear is that they either will merge or will continue to outsource more of their flying to Compass, Pinnacle and Mesaba. I think you can expect a lot of time on the bottom of the list if not flowed throught to Compass, Mesaba or Pinnacle. Good luck! I'm doing my part to protect junior wages, but I don't think anyone cares. Not a good time.[/quote]

================================

Did you forget the free $$$ we all got once they came out of BK? I was 2 yr and got $72k less taxes. I'd say ALPA did us a solid.

Baja.

Hi!

I am interested in NWA. Why? A number of reasons, starting with the easy commute to DTW, or, better yet, MSP. The next best airline for commuting for me would be UAL, and I think that NWA is a much better choice than UAL now.

I like my current job, but I know that working at NWA would be significantly better. I'd have an APU, I wouldn't have to load freight, and I wouldn't be on call for 72 consecutive hours (or 240, my current record) and then pull a 20 hour duty day. My wife would save about $7K (in an average year) on airline tickets, and she could fly home to see her family every month.

I know some guys at NWA. One guy is on third year FO pay, and made $75K this year. I am on fourth year Captain pay and made about $65K. He got about $80K in the bankruptcy settlement. The schedule at NWA is light years better than where I am now. The guy there (he used to be here) said it's much easier, he's home a lot more, and his quality of life is tons better than where I am now. He requested a reserve line in DTW because that puts him at home more.

Interestingly, he said there are better airlines to go to other than NWA, such as DAL. Then, I talked to my buddy at DAL, and he said DAL was terrible, and I should try for a better airline. It's all relative.

I did apply at FedEx and SWA. FedEx isn't hiring for a year or so, and SWA employees will probably be forced to take pay concessions this year. They have to radically change their business model to stay the number one passenger airline in the US. Will it work???

cliff
YIP

No word

The reason you guys are not hearing anything is that HR hasn't made up its mind when or how many to hire.

Spoke to the HR folks directly a few weeks ago. They will not know when they will hire until they know how many furlougees are going to come back. They are currently making their way back up the list and still don't have any termination rates.

Just for planning purposes they are still planning on hiring beginning of next year. If they don't get enough people to accept recall then they will start earlier. HR is already gearing up for the hiring process they just need to pull the trigger. However, they are still determining hiring criteria and other factors such as the now defunct golden recommendation program. No decision has been made if they will reinstate the golden recommendation program.

When hiring does start expect approx. 25 new hires per month. That's the most NATCO can push through right now. It's possible they could train more instructors to get more folks through, but don't hold your breath.

They will have about 3 months lead time on hiring. So if they intend on training in Feb. you may see apps in Oct-Nov. time frame.

The pay and work rules will come back. I just feel sorry for the new hires because you won't have a real retirement. The new B-Scale has begun.

Hi!

Unfortunately for us, the front-line workers, pretty much all the traditional "good" retirement plans are gone. It's mostly a 401K with matching, or nothing at all, for most of us.

On the other hand, top management people are raking in the big bucks, merging, selling out, and taking companies in and out of bankruptcies.

My current company does have a matching 401K, which NWA doesn't. It's one of the few ways in which my currrent job is better than NWA.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back