• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL/Hat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could be mistaken but what I was told with the first PWA proposal the NWA guys were being given some money for uniforms. I guess we will see what happens in this round.

When I searched for the picture I found this narrative. Ya just can't make
things like this up!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Borg's prime objective is to be perfect and assimilation is their means
to achieve their goal. The Borg originates from the delta quadrant; they are
a species organized as a hive. It has a Queen that controls the drones.
Both the Queen and the drones are half organic and half synthetic. The drones
assimilate other species and technologies. This increases their numbers
because every person who is assimilated becomes a drone. All the knowledge
and memories that individual had are stored in the hive mind.

Don't have my contract with me, but I believe that if our uniforms are changed the company has to pay for the first. Don't think it will matter as we all may be buying walmart greeter unis. I fully expect dal/nwa to make an anouncement similar or worse than ual did today. And I expect our side (nwa) to take the brunt of the hits. My guess is 20% furlough of the combined list of 12000 or about 2400 with our side eating about 1800 of those. Hope I am wrong. The old wife always says I am a debbie downer wannabe when it relates to the airlines.

I could be mistaken but what I was told with the first PWA proposal the NWA guys were being given some money for uniforms. I guess we will see what happens in this round.

On another note. A little unscientific pilots/aircraft using the fleets and total pilots from APC.

1. swa=10.6
2. aai=11.8
3. aa=12.9 (this was a shocker)
4. lcc=13.5
5. cal=13.6
6. alk=13.8
7. nwa=14.5
8. jblu=14.9(another shocker)
9. ual&dal=16.3

Discuss.

I hope for all of our sakes you are way off base. It this is the case, then I am glad that I have kept a log book and resume up to date. I do not see this coming. Maybe parking DC 9's and some 88's short term, but one thing I think our managers have figured out is this. We need to keep market share in their period of industry flux. If you relent now, you give an opening to SWA and all of the other LCC that are slowly dieing. Given them areas to grow is one sure way to make this merger be a total disaster for us.

When it comes to DAL. I think that about 500-800 or our pilots are non line active. Some are in management and some are on LTD or Mil leave.

It is the benefit of our staffing formula. It will be something that helps all of us when the NWA group and fleet falls under a JPWA

Don't have my contract with me, but I believe that if our uniforms are changed the company has to pay for the first. Don't think it will matter as we all may be buying walmart greeter unis. I fully expect dal/nwa to make an anouncement similar or worse than ual did today. And I expect our side (nwa) to take the brunt of the hits. My guess is 20% furlough of the combined list of 12000 or about 2400 with our side eating about 1800 of those. Hope I am wrong. The old wife always says I am a debbie downer wannabe when it relates to the airlines.

There is a big difference though, UAL lost as much if not more money last quarter than both DAL and NWA COMBINED. UAL is in a different boat than NWA and DAL as in their mgmt team has no intention on making UAL a successful airline. The new Delta with the combo of nwa should be very successful. We shall see.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back