• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA buys Independence Air Op Cert.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, clearly the Brits are wrong -- but they won't take correction. ;)

Long time reader, first time poster.

Jumpseated on NW yesterday, the FO pulled out a paper with a payscale on it for Newco. Had 60 - 76, 76 - 90, and up to 110 seat rates. Looks like ERJ 175s and 195s. I could only catch a quick glance. 1st year FO pay in the 60 - 76 seat range looked like high 30s and capt in the 70s. Everything seemed to increase at about 10% each for the next two levels up, 90 and 110 seats. I don't know where this sheet was from. Apparently they will try to call back NW furloughs first. A proposal from the company or ALPA, I dont know, but just thought it was something you guys might want to know about.

I feel that if this is allowed to happen it is definately not good for the red tails or any other pilot group for that matter. Management still gets what they want from mainline pilots at a (B) scale salary, and if this keeps happening, which it seems that there is no way to stop it from happening, there will be no legacy carriers left in 5 to 10 years. Just Newco's opperating under legacy carrier names.

My 2 cents, but who knows. Livin the dream

YourPilotFriend said:
Correct, my mistake, I was thinking of something else. After reading a company email, bankrupt NWA bought it. It will receive approval since newco is part of the restructing plan.

Your ignorance is amazing. Don't come on here and spout off your facts if they are full of sh@#! The pleasure you recieve from the demise of the airline pilot career is unbelievable. You say so many fact, yet not many of them turn out to be true. Wake up and look around. We are all going down on this ship together.

I thought NWA was in bankruptcy with no money to even pay their employees or fund their retirements without more concessions. Why do they have enough money to buy crap like an op cert? Why does bankruptcy always mean buying more crap for these companies.

Sorry I'm just a simple simon.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back