NWA Anchorage Jumpseat????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huck

Stupid Mempho pilot question: anybody ever jumpseated back to the states from ANC on NWA? Any secrets?

it has been a while, but nothing too strange. I think the loads are pretty high due to folks heading up there for the summer season. I went through ORD a couple of times on Alaska. It was a once a day flight but got on each time.
Going through portland might work for you too.. Good luck

Huck said:
Stupid Mempho pilot question: anybody ever jumpseated back to the states from ANC on NWA? Any secrets?

Hi Huck,

This is a another really tough citypair. With all the shuffling around, there a LOTS of pilots out of ANC that commute, and with the summer loads, getting a jumpseat as an off-line pilot will be very, very tough.

It's so bad that NWA has a commuter pass arrangement with Alaska for people to get to/from ANC from SEA.

Honestly, if this is a one shot deal in the summertime, you might just bite the bullet and buy a ticket. If you're gonna commute regularly, then you are in for a rough summer trying to ride the pax carriers.

Nu

I looked at a random day in June for flights on Alaska between SEA and ANC. They have 20 non-stops and another 15 1-stop flights (Portland or Juneau). I guess with that many flights each day I assumed it wouldn't be too tough of a commute from SEA. Am I missing something, or is there really that many dudes trying to get back and forth each day?

Thanks for all the info guys.

I'm not commuting - just coming back from the mayor's race.....

big_al said:
take a ride with NWAs classics instead of the boring 757! go cargo!

I was under the impression that NWA did not allow offline jumpers on their cargo fleet... Can anyone prove me wrong? I'd love to partake on some of thier asian routes someday....

cargoflyr69 said:
I was under the impression that NWA did not allow offline jumpers on their cargo fleet... Can anyone prove me wrong? I'd love to partake on some of thier asian routes someday....

I think that only CASS approved pilots can ride the freighters.

Thats because the freighters do not have a divider between the cockpit and the seating area.

It didn't used to be that way....

Latest resources

Back