NTSB MARKS 10th ANNIVERSARY OF CRASH OF TWA 800

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crossky said:
Yes, perhaps the same evidence that the FBI consfiscated and would not release to the NTSB or permit the NTSB to examine.

Like what?

And the Senate can't keep its own sexual indiscretions secret. You think they could cover up one of the biggest murder incidents in this nation's history, even if they wanted to?

Remember Lee Harvey Oswald? That murder mystery was solved by this same group of people too. You start with what you want as an end result and work forward.

Rock said:
Like what?

And the Senate can't keep its own sexual indiscretions secret. You think they could cover up one of the biggest murder incidents in this nation's history, even if they wanted to?

Well, when you consider that the F-117 was in squadron service for almost 10 years before anyone ever saw one, I would say yes, the government can keep secrets when they are motivated to.

Also, as I recall, TWA was just out of bankruptsy when 800went down. Very shortly afterwards they announced that they would start adding 1 new aircraft to their fleet every month. I have always wondered where all that financing came from for a losing company right out of backruptsy protection.

Maybe it was a CFT explosion, maybe it wasn't. They didn't recover 100% of the wreckage. But either way, there are some very bright people on both sides of the arguement.

atrdriver said:
Well, when you consider that the F-117 was in squadron service for almost 10 years before anyone ever saw one, I would say yes, the government can keep secrets when they are motivated to.

There is a HUGE difference between politicians (including Congress) and the military. To start with, one group is actually accountable for its actions. And keeping a legal, highly classified, military program a secret can be done. Keeping the alleged source of the murder of hundreds of American citizens is something entirely different. Apples and oranges. Clinton couldn't even keep he's weird cigar fetishes a secret. But to this day most of what the very visible B-2 and F-22 are capable of are unknown except to a select few.

bubbers44 said:
Which of these two, civilian and military secrets, doesn't have presidential control?
What? If you think the President has exclusive control over secrets, than perhaps you think Clinton wanted the world to know about Monica. There is nothing that leaks faster than a scandal. And a cover up of a terrorist strike (or any strike) that killed hundreds of Americans is a pretty big scandal.

Rock said:
There is a HUGE difference between politicians (including Congress) and the military. To start with, one group is actually accountable for its actions. And keeping a legal, highly classified, military program a secret can be done. Keeping the alleged source of the murder of hundreds of American citizens is something entirely different. Apples and oranges. Clinton couldn't even keep he's weird cigar fetishes a secret. But to this day most of what the very visible B-2 and F-22 are capable of are unknown except to a select few.

So you're saying that NO member of congress had any knowledge of the F-117 before it became public knowledge? They authoruzed the money for it, and I am quite sure that, while they probably didn't know it's full capabilities, they certainly knew of its existance.

Monica wasn't investigated initially by the CIA, FBI and any other government controlled agency. I think the press handled that part.

I have a hard time believing that enough bomb residue was left on board from a training event for bomb sniffing dogs to then fall over 2 miles down to the ocean, soak in salt water for days, and still register on detection equipment?????.
Mach8Forest

Latest resources

Back