Morning Wood said:
Why didn't the FAA issue an immediate AD for all the remaining US operated
747-100 and 200 series airplanes? I still think it was a bomb for one
simple reason. It was set to detonate when the airplane would have
been well over the Atlantic. The pieces would have been in water
several miles deep and would have never been found. The flight left
JFK an hour late and as a result the wreckage was in water only 200
feet deep.

they could not issue an "immediate AD" as they did not know what they were looking for the day after it happened. As a classic 747 driver the fuel tank explosion could have happened....and as you read in the first post on this thread hte problem has been "fixed".

Rock said:
Well, my death alone would be simply a near disaster, but distributing the several pallets of dangerous goods we were carrying all over Tokyo probably would really hurt FedEx stock, and that would be a definite disaster.
You guys have some weird benefits, you'd think if someone tossed you off the balcony of the hotel room or a parking garage, they'd just give your beneficiary a check instead.

FN FAL said:
You guys have some weird benefits, you'd think if someone tossed you off the balcony of the hotel room or a parking garage, they'd just give your beneficiary a check instead.

Weird? You mean, kind of like your posts? You got some kind of fascination with my death? Lets hear it.

180ToTheMarker said:
Would a kenetic missle leave all that evidence?

there is no such thing as a "kenetic" missile. there are kinetic ones though.

CitationLover said:
there is no such thing as a "kenetic" missile. there are kinetic ones though.
Thanks, never been much of a speller...hell, I can barely read. Anyway, would such a missile leave much evidence?

Rock said:
Weird? You mean, kind of like your posts? You got some kind of fascination with my death? Lets hear it.
Dude, I'm just joshing with your disaster statement. It is a TWA conspiracy thread.

I've said this before. The fuel management procedures were changed on ALL 747's after this incident. The old procedure let the fuel pumps become uncovered with fuel before you shut them off. When center fuel pumps were checked after this incident one airline had found one that had major heat distortion (1200 deg minimum). It was a huge surprise that more of these types of incidents did not happen before.

Because of the flight time of TWA-800 the center tanks would have been just drying up when the explosion happened.

Now the circutry and procedures have been changed so a pump will never be uncovered when running.

This make alot more sense then a missile no-one ever found.

CKJET said:
they could not issue an "immediate AD" as they did not know what they were looking for the day after it happened. As a classic 747 driver the fuel tank explosion could have happened....and as you read in the first post on this thread hte problem has been "fixed".

No what I meant was, why didn't they issue it after they announced the
"cause"? They didn't do anything.

The FAA NEVER does anything. Look at the long list of recommendations from the NTSB after investigations that are still sitting on the books waiting for FAA action. It has gone on for years. Yet the FAA does nothing. Ever. The reasons why are numerous, but they start with lobby pressure from groups like the ATA who have only the $$$ interests of the airlines as their agenda.

I not only worked closely with and know many who worked on the investigation, but I saw the recronstruction of the aircraft in the hangar at Calverton. Not photos, but the actual aircraft. I am in aviation. I have been in aviation for years. I have investigative training...and there is NO physical evidence of anything but an INTERNAL explosion. So no....not everyone in aviations KNOWS it was shot down. Some actually KNOW the facts of what happened and refuse to get caught up in your black helicopter theories.

So you all go on belieiving what you want. No one or anything is going to convince you otherwise. Ignore and discard the facts of the physical evidence that are used in all investigations. Yep. A missile shot it down. And no one is stepping forward and talking. Not even for greed. This IS the USA you know. Greed rules. Someone would be spilling their guts for $$$. Guaranteed

But believe what you will. And have fun with your conspiracy theories. But remember, conspiracy theories are great for internet imbiciles and the like and a waste of time for intelligent and grounded people.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back