• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 3 JB Newhire class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's XCLD along with the orders.

DAAAAAANMMMM dude.... relax, the noobs deserve a break. The hazing will begin soon enough. Welcome to the flack. You will soon be bombarded with propaganda from all sides...

learn up and decide for yourself.

Welcome to the next evolution of your career, may it be better than the last. Please remember though, just because they hired you doesn't make you their whore.

Last edited:
How many days off per month for rsv? Callouts? Home reserve versus airport reserve? Short call/long call?

How many days off per month for rsv? Callouts? Home reserve versus airport reserve? Short call/long call?

1. 12/13 depending on 30/31 day bid

2. 2 hr short, 14 hr long

3. Airport RSV almost never happens and I'm not even sure that it's even allowed under the new FSM.

4. We have short and long call. Its not something you bid. If they have reserves about the min required, they are put on long call. You only really see it on the very slow months and this year even the slow months have been lacking in long call.

I've been at Jetblue for 3.5 yrs. RSV sucks but not much more then most other places. I also think the guys that get the 190 will be off RSV in about a yr. If you get the 32o, forget about it. Will be many many years on RSV.

Hope this helps.

I am one of the newer guys here. I might be naive but I don't see reserve being that long. With 300 new hires next year, roughly divided in half by airplane, if you were hired this year I don't see reserve even on the bus being more then a year long. We have guys on the 190 in JFK that might not sit more then 2-3 months reserve. On the bus, some of our guys are starting almost 50% in the JFK reserve pile. The last couple years guys sat a lot of reserve due to lack of hiring, but if this hiring continues I see movement in both planes. Again, I might just be naive.

Now if you are in a base other then JFK all the above might go out the window, except for E190 BOS.

I am one of the newer guys here. I might be naive but I don't see reserve being that long. With 300 new hires next year, roughly divided in half by airplane, if you were hired this year I don't see reserve even on the bus being more then a year long. We have guys on the 190 in JFK that might not sit more then 2-3 months reserve. On the bus, some of our guys are starting almost 50% in the JFK reserve pile. The last couple years guys sat a lot of reserve due to lack of hiring, but if this hiring continues I see movement in both planes. Again, I might just be naive.

Now if you are in a base other then JFK all the above might go out the window, except for E190 BOS.

You really think we are going to hire 300 pilots in 2011 with only 9 aircraft slated for delivery with 2 lease returns?

42 pilots per aircraft?

I know the company said that ASM growth will be in the 8% range but that is dependent upon about 100 different factors any which can dial ASM back and back FAST.

Look to no more that 100 next year and most of that do to attrition.

You really think we are going to hire 300 pilots in 2011 with only 9 aircraft slated for delivery with 2 lease returns?

42 pilots per aircraft?

I know the company said that ASM growth will be in the 8% range but that is dependent upon about 100 different factors any which can dial ASM back and back FAST.

Look to no more that 100 next year and most of that do to attrition.

I was just quoting the numbers man. If its only 100 then yes reserve will be a LONG time. If its 300 reserve will be very short.

Latest resources

Back