Northwest finally raises fares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airbaker

Looks like Northwest has finally decided to raise the fares. Wouldn't it be funny if the rest of the legacies gave them a taste of their own medicine and act as spoilers to the deal.

In all seriousness, I hope this fare increase sticks. The American public is getting too used to these ultra low fares - and still has the gaul to complain about them (I actually heard a woman complain to her seatmate on a recent transcon, that she had to pay "an outrageous amount, something like $270 for the roundtrip")

That is good news. Cant believe that we sell stuff at below cost! Hopefully we will all follow suit to recover the increased cost of gas.

Just got to remember that $270 is alot of money for travel when before all you could do is ride Greyhound!!

Can you give the address for the article or copy and paste the release on the BB.

Thanks

Sorry Mr. Seagull, but if oil stays where it is, then southwest will have to raise their fares too, or be in the same position as everyone else. Not much longer 'til that hedging runs out.

box

Associated Press
Northwest Hikes Long-Haul Fares $10 a Way
Thursday February 24, 4:35 pm ET
Northwest Airlines Hikes Long-Haul Fares $10 Each Way, Short-Haul Fares $5 Each Way

NEW YORK (AP) -- Northwest Airlines Corp. Thursday raised ticket prices on flights in the United States and Canada as the spring travel season approaches.
Kurt Ebenhoch, a spokesman for the Eagan, Minn., carrier, said it boosted fares for routes shorter than 1,000 miles by $5 each way.

For longer routes, the airline increased fares $10 each way, he said.

The fare increases are for all markets in the United States and Canada and all fare classes.

"We are coming into a historically strong travel period," Ebenhoch said, which prompted the fare increases. Further, he said, the higher fares will offset some higher fuel costs.

Again Siegull does not work nor I hope ever represent the attitude of us a SWA. I wish we could find out who this douche is so we can black ball him. It is bs that he uses the swa avatar though. I know one interviewer that is working on his identity though because of his idiotic non swa comments.

Sea-Rat is an idiot and anyone who even listens to "her" or responds to anything she says just leads to more stupid, un-educated drivel that "she" has to say.......we know you are a fake.....go fuk off!!!!!!

Geez, a whopping $5 on the shorties, $10 on transcon. . . . time for all of the airlines to get some testicular fortitude and start charging enough to cover costs- what a concept.

Let's hope that $5 or $10 bucks is just a start.

Falcon Jet 1 said:
Again Siegull does not work nor I hope ever represent the attitude of us a SWA. I wish we could find out who this douche is so we can black ball him. It is bs that he uses the swa avatar though.

I'm sorry.

I changed my AVATAR.

I'll try to be nicer.

I was just kidding.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

Latest resources

Back