No PIC turbine for SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

I know this is a dumb question, but is it even REMOTELY possible to get a SWA interview with 0 PIC turbine? Or do they stick to the published mins?

Thanks,

aa73 said:
Well, heck! They didn't require any!

That's why they crash airplanes and kill a couple of hundred people every few years.

P.S. To answer your original question: No Southwest won't hire you with 0 PIC turbine. Why should they.

Last edited:
not for nuthin....

but if guys with 500 PIC turbine don't meet the mins, why would zero PIC turbine?

:confused:

A few years back a good friend of mine made a written request asking SWA to waive that requirement and allow him to apply with less than the 1000 PIC turbine. (due to his significant SIC time in the 737) Southwest granted that waiver and allowed him to apply and to interview.

Unfortunately he was not hired.

Last edited:
I can only wait for the comments on this one. I dont know if the constant harassment is more entertaining than the information on this board.

Its not what you know, its who you know or who's your daddy thats sometimes helps you get a job like you see in every profession. As far as having a hard line 1000 PIC turbine min to get an interview at Southwest is great for the pilots that are at regionals that are upgrading but bad for the pilots that want to apply there but cant due to lack of upgrade opportunities at the airline they are at and having to wait for how many months years to upgrade. Southwest is misssing out on alot of great pilots that have great expereince.. jet, previous 121 exp..etc that cant even apply cuase of that min.

Latest resources

Back