• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about giving our management a cost structure that would allow for an independent run?

joe is Lorenzo's wet dream, come true, thank you for your support in destroying the industry, hope I never have to share a cockpit with a D*ouche like you! You are a waste of a human skin.

Last edited:
Ok so what your answer joe?

There are 2 options...

1. We act like a real union, and negotiate a single contract that includes all of us within a brand and stops the competition within a brand for flying....Realistically that isn't going to happen...

In the absence of #1

2. We all do what is best for each pilot group....We undercut to gain flying and let the chips fall where they may....Regionals negotiate competitive rates to fly larger aircraft and mainline groups negotiate competitive rates to fly "RJs"...Every man for themself...

One or the other...Time to $hit or get off the pot....This pretend "brotherhood" is wearing thin...

joe is Lorenzo's wet dream, come true, thank you for your support in destroying the industry, hope I never have to share a cockpit with a D*ouche like you! You are a waste of a human skin.

Mainline pilots have negotiated lower rates for my flying....Do you feel the same about them? Why did they give up this flying in the first place...I don't really care if you call me names...This is business...pure and simple....You don't care about me, and I don't care about you.....

Lorenzo's wet dream is having a buch of contracted labor groups compete for the same flying. Oh wait. That's not a dream. Joe's just calling it like it is. You seem to not want to accept the reality of our industry.

lorenzo's wet dream is having a buch of contracted labor groups compete for the same flying. Oh wait. That's not a dream. Joe's just calling it like it is. You seem to not want to accept the reality of our industry.

bingo!

There are 2 options...

1. We act like a real union, and negotiate a single contract that includes all of us within a brand and stops the competition within a brand for flying....Realistically that isn't going to happen...

In the absence of #1

2. We all do what is best for each pilot group....We undercut to gain flying and let the chips fall where they may....Regionals negotiate competitive rates to fly larger aircraft and mainline groups negotiate competitive rates to fly "RJs"...Every man for themself...

One or the other...Time to $hit or get off the pot....This pretend "brotherhood" is wearing thin...

Or option #3, sue someone. When that doesn't work, hide behind an anonomyous losername on a message board and throw stones from the comfort of your computer like the chicken ******************** you are!;)

Realistically, for now, the BEST option for ASA is to take the approach of EFFICIENCY! We don't need to cut our paychecks individually. Instead, make adjustments that allow us to operate all of our block hours with less pilots while still paying each individual pilot their current wage. We all know that "starts" with PBS; like it or not. There are other things that would add additional cost savings without hindering quality of life.

The problem is, that if you increase efficiency that much, you are lowering the TOTAL PAYROLL. (by needing less pilots) By lowering the total payroll, you are lowering the amount of total dues paid to ALPA National. Our current leadership doesn't seem too keen on that idea. They kind of know that PBS is inevitable from their PBS workgroup. At this point, they're still trying to minimize National's revenue loss by demanding much of the savings back.

Of course all of the things that promote efficiency will create a need for less pilots. That's why THERE IS NO BETTER TIME to get this done. ASA can't furlough anymore pilots "right now". Get it done to put us in the optimum position to grow back into our staffing. In other words, don't be shortsighted. Look at the longterm health of this group. There may not be much regional industry growth on the horizon, but THERE WILL be some sideways adjustments. I don't wish bad on anyone, but IT IS going to happen. We're either going to be in a position to receive some or give some.

I hope our current leadership can get on board. I have little faith that will happen. I hope our group will make that adjustment this fall.

Last edited:
How bout this, instead of selling out the guys and gals that are furloughed to save your own skin, how about you act like a man and demand change. We have a contract, quit letting them violate it. Take for example the red arrow days for September, there are 16!!! What happened to all that over staffing? You guys are letting brad, Scott, and Jerry stroke you and calm you down right before they plunge that knife in your back. Wake up!! This is not a personal relationship, they are not your friends, they are business people looking out for the good of the share holders. Like it or not they are smarter than us, that's why they are where they are, but we have a massive army of pilots that can demand accountability. Flood them with emails about why there are sixteen red arrow days, make them justify the furloughs and downgrades. I'm not just an employee, I'm also a stockholder, and I want answers. If enough of us are pestering and asking, they will either tell us the truth, or we will eventually catch them in a lie, either way we know what's going on. Also, for those of you that have noticed your QOL slipping here lately, they are exploiting every possible hole in our contract language. Why you ask? Well, we start negotiating again in May, so those of you carting around broke airplanes with out writing them up better get your pencils sharpened, because you need to be consistant when the contract is long expired. It's not time to join hands and hope management is looking out for our best interest, they aren't, they are looking out for the bottom line of Skywest Inc. If that means they have to ruin each of our lives to protect that bottom line, they will. We are all that each other has, the ASA union. Forget alpa national, it's us alone looking out for our own best interest. ALPA national just provides insurance and lawyers, not day to day support. I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone of my fellow pilots, it's just time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Outtahere- How bout this, instead of selling out the guys and gals that are furloughed to save your own skin, how about you act like a man and demand change.

What change, exactly, should we demand? More pay? More days Off? 3 for 1 duty rigs? 6 hour Min. Day credit? That'll secure our jobs for sure. The BEST WAY to bring our current furloughs back is to create the staffing need for them. In fact that's the ONLY way. If we make demands that increase our costs, it's pretty much the same as drinking poison ourselves and hoping our enemy will die.

Outtahere- Take for example the red arrow days for September, there are 16!!!

This IS being approached properly. It is currently in grievance and going through DUE PROCESS. Are you suggesting a "self help" approach? ......especially at a time when we are trying to market 20 "has been" airplanes by spring?

Outtahere- This is not a personal relationship, they are not your friends, they are business people looking out for the good of the share holders.

We are business people too. If we are to survive in business, we MUST adjust according to our market. I don't believe we need to sell out in the form of lower wages, but instead through efficiency.

Have you lost your passion for flying or is "burn the place down" just a natural part of your personality? Wouldn't it be better to try and make the job better?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back