• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
[font=arial,sans-serif][size=-1]APAAD Announces New Website

PR Web
[font=verdana,sans-serif][size=-2]Thu, 04 Nov 2004 0:51 AM PST[/size][/font]
Airline Pilots Against Age Discrimination (APAAD) is a grass-roots organization of airline pilots from every major airline in the United States. APAAD opposes age discrimination on the flight decks of our nations airlines. APAAD is working to shape public opinion and policy leading to the elimination of the Federal Aviation Administrations Age 60 Rule.

[/size][/font] [font=arial,sans-serif][size=-1]
[PRWEB Nov 4, 2004]

[/size][/font][font=arial,sans-serif][size=-1]Airline Pilots Against Age Discrimination Website: [/size][/font]www.apaad.org

Vote Yes

If given a vote, I'm voting a resounding YES

Well, I think that we will all vote NO if you are under 50. Get out of my left seat!!

When I am 55, OK. Let me stay a while to pay off my six wives.

Well, I don't fly for an airline...but I do have aspirations to fly for one specific company flying some orange beasts, some purple beasts...and I say leave the rule as is. I don't want to be working past 60. Of course, for those that chose aviation as a second career and got started quite late in life, or those that lost their pension for whatever reason, they may NEED to work past 60. Well, in that case, there are corporate jobs.

ALPA recently had a pretty interesting mailing in the Oct. issue of In Focus on the FAA age 60 rule. It was only six or seven pages but it detailed ALPA's stance from the early days to present day. I wish I would have not thrown it out.

3 5 0

I will vote YES YES YES YES YES, and for all you young smart know it all pilots that are against it you must face one reality in life. You get older everyday and before you know it you will be 59. Cheers.

The only rule that should apply is can the pilot pass the medical and the flight tests.

Why should I not be allowed to fly anything that I can show profficiency on just because I am over 60?

Cat

Dash Trash said:
Hay Bro, Good luck with that Braniff thing!
Good one!
An another "Old Timer" like me.
:)

Latest resources

Back