No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lee Moak says it best: "'Independent union' is an oxymoron."

You guys are going to get your asses handed to you in Section 6, and it's largely because you refuse to be a part of the organization that has the experience in dealing with the kind of management that you now have. You'll learn. But the lessons will have a price.

Because ... ALPA (via Airtran and the SLI) dealt so well with SW management in the past couple of years?

You guys are going to get your asses handed to you in Section 6, and it's largely because you refuse to be a part of the organization that has the experience in dealing with the kind of management that you now have. You'll learn. But the lessons will have a price.

That's true

We will

I just assume you're right bc of everything youve been right about so far since becoming SWA

(You should stop "guzzling" alpa juice man)

Well someone else said it about SWAPA: I'd rather pay 1% to a completely useless union bureaucracy then 2% for the same service from ALPA.

Where has SWAPA been on Capitol Hill.....Do they know the address?

Tens of thousands of jobs outsourced from Delta and Bill is talking about crew meals and how we should thank him. Pretty interesting.

Thank you Red for setting the bar on pension standards.....you guys are heroes!

Wave, read this again. It's a fair observation. The whole controversy over feed vs jobs is not as cut and dry as you make it. RJ's do create mainline jobs by providing feed. Yes it's gone too far, but no one could have forecasted what was ahead when that cat got let out of the bag (9/11, bankruptcies and economy crashing).
As far as SWAPA goes, I have nothing against independent unions, but SWAPA has simply been a follower, not a leader. They were able to build on the foundation that was built by ALPA. Their success has been a result of dealing with a benevolent management team and SWA's business plan of filling the LCC niche when there was room to grow, not through being better than ALPA

Well said......Wavey has a short memory.

Thank you Red for setting the bar on pension standards.....you guys are heroes!

Why would we ever want a pension after Herb offered a 401k with massive stock options that were worth several million?

Which would you take if you do it over again 20 years ago?

SWAPA has been on Capital Hill for years Bill. Are you really that clueless?

Get our ass handed to us? Are you really that stupid, or that just what you dream at night because the hatred for GK/SW/and SWAPA.

Have you seen our current contract? Think we will give anything back with a company making a healthy profit? ALPA has never been able to achieve what SWAPA has. Especially regarding RJ codeshare...or ANY codeshare for that matter. ALPA has stood by and signed off on all of it. Like those SkyWest RJ's you had flying for you at AirTran.

The ALPA national model has been broken for years, exactly as SWA Bubba stated above. Top heavy, inefficient, and at times corrupt. SWAPA has had it's issues, but it always been much better than ALPA (and less expensive).

Why would we ever want a pension after Herb offered a 401k with massive stock options that were worth several million?

Which would you take if you do it over again 20 years ago?

SWAPA has been on Capital Hill for years Bill. Are you really that clueless?

Red, your options fairy tale wasn't for everybody....be truthful.

A pension for sure! Stock options are worthless, trust me, my company gave me out to us. Ya gambled and won...a pension, at THAT time was a sure thing.

Name one thing on Capitol Hill SWAPA was behind besides pushing for age 65 and I'll stand down.

KCM? No.....
Abu Dhabi customs?.....try again.
Bankruptcy reform?.....not this time....

Latest resources

Back