• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jan Ruley

Jan

214 792-3639

In addition to asking her about your 'package" ask her about the sked for the decision boards. Good luck.

BA et all,
got my letter yesterday, will they give any info as to why you didn't get hired if you call? best of luck to you that are still waiting.

Letter

I hear that if you call JR or LL they could tell you where you are weak. Everyone I know that has done that (several) have always been told that their interview was weak or that they (SWA) didn't get to know them well enough during the interview.

Still no letter, no call.

BA

SWA

The reasons are simple. Just look at the profiles folks. SWA is biased to the Military pilots.

Go ahead, flame away!

Biased to Military pilots

Little Duece,

"SWA is biased to the Military pilots."

I'm not sure they are. Several factors go into a decision and I think one is the history of the applicant. A military pilot is a known quantity, you know for the most part what your getting. Records are kept for everything he or she has done during thier military time and thats pretty darn important. Civilian pilots have a tendancy to lack on that to some degree.

I think for me the single most important thing was having ALL my ducks in a row. Log book was computerized and I could verify everything contained in it. My work history was complete and even though several companies went out of bussiness I looked up old chief pilots and had contact info from them.

BA don't get down on yourself, when I interviewed there was a fellah in class who had been turned down three times and didn't give up so don't you. If it's not this time around try again later.

RJ (SWA pool jetpltrich)

"SWA is biased to the Military pilots."

Of course they are who do you think is running the FLIGHT DEPT!

There is a mix there... In my class about 75% Civilian. They are looking for the proper fit regardless of your background.

Military guys do not have to deal with PRIA (for the most part), unless they got a civilian job. That may speed things up a bit for them. PRIA sucks..

BA, sounds as if you have fallen to a later DB. I would call, they are way cool and don't be afraid to leave a message. They are very good about returning calls

Good Luck

Left hanging?

So... what gives? Are you all left still hanging? It seems like the DB should have met and let you know by now.

Best wishes.

-Dragger

Latest resources

Back