NJA Uniform Change

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's the snappy and clever comebacks that I live for on this board!:beer:

PS- Not getting the new jacket. I'll be plenty warm in the coat we already have. Thanks for your concern!:nuts:

anytime. is that as clever as you get? come on now you can do better.....

If these guys are worried about leather jackets with nearly 500 of its "brothers" on the street you won't have to worry about recalls. How much was just spent on the italian designer coats? The more things change the more they stay the same. sad.
Erm.... I am one of the almost 500 victims. I prefer to look like a professional when / if I get a recall.

Disagree on whoever posted that dress has no reflection on professionalism.

Another vote against the leather jacket. I've worn them, froze in them, and been soaked from the waist down in them. Is the leather jacket push coming from the same group that wanted "airline hats" a few years ago?

I would have to assume that the group that wants the hats would not be caught dead in the leather jacket. I'm getting the leather jacket. If I'm too cold it isn't raining. If it is I'll use one of the 12 umbrellas I usually find in the closets. If I do get too cold I'll start bringing the LP overcoat again. I did OK my first winter at NJA with just the sweater under the blazer since the overcoat didn't get shipped until the end of April. Maybe my back hair is good for something- insulation.

Wouldn't a new leather jacket (different from normal uniform trenchcoat) and then a common color tie that can be worn by the black and the blue be a start of the pilot solidarity? If management makes NJI go back to blue or NJA to wearing black, tensions will rise. This way, small common changes are easy and help the "shotgun marriage". Of course then, I may be wrong and NJA owner is 100% accurate.

I keep seeing reference to a hat. Any reference to a hat in the past was done in jest. No one was ever serious, at least vocally. They's never live it down.

I have a compromise for the coat. A leather trench coat, just like the gestapo many years ago. Frankly, I could care less what uniform we wear. In fact, I'd wear a clown suit if the pay was right. Whatever I'm provided, I will wear it correctly, and choose the option that is most functional and comfortable. This is really a non-issue. And you hear that from a pilot who is a poster child complainer.

I keep seeing reference to a hat. Any reference to a hat in the past was done in jest. No one was ever serious, at least vocally. They's never live it down.

I have a compromise for the coat. A leather trench coat, just like the gestapo many years ago. Frankly, I could care less what uniform we wear. In fact, I'd wear a clown suit if the pay was right. Whatever I'm provided, I will wear it correctly, and choose the option that is most functional and comfortable. This is really a non-issue. And you hear that from a pilot who is a poster child complainer.

Leather trench coat like Neo's? I'm in!

Maybe the answer is a cooler looking trench coat. I can tell you that when I wear a suit and tie (even without a jacket), an overcoat style keeps me drier and warmer than a waist coast jacket. Look at Paul Stuarts catalog and I am sure you can copy something long, warm and stylish. But I also agree withthe posters who say that they'd were many things if the $$ was right (but I will draw a line somewhere).

The strange thing is that when it comes to pilots image is extremely important. If most people walked up to a jet with 2 choices (1) a starched whoite shirt with epaulets, and name tag, etc., but the pilot had 250 hours time, and (2) a t shirt, cargo shorts and flip flops but 5000 hours time, most people woulf think the pilot in uniform was more experienced. Yes it is just image, but that is important.

NJAOwner I appreciate the honest evaluation but this has always been an internal disagreement between the blue jeans/golf shirt vocal minority and the regular uniform bunch. (They even think a short sleeve white shirt is businesswear.) The blue jean bunch will be happy with nothing but the leather jacket and whatever other casual wear they can talk the company into. Safety issues with the long coat have always just been a smokescreen. Rumor has it at the union meeting this week the discussion about the new leather jacket was met with a ho hum rather than the standing ovation folks had been led to believe would be forthcoming. PM me for more on this issue.

Latest resources

Back