• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ExecCA,

What TA are you looking at?

Your numbers are wrong!

Just as two examples (because I don't have time to go down the entire list), the TA increases current year 14 captain pay on the 7/7 to $164K (and some change, but I can't remember the exact number in hundreds).

The 401K increases 1%/year.

BY my calculations, the initial increase is 19.9%. For some, it's less. For example, I'm on the 15-day schedule, and since that's going away with no equivalent replacement, I'll see an increase of around 9.5%.

I don't care if you like the TA or not, but at least post accurate info.

How about he posts comparison with the same YOS throughout the agreement. Of course when you top out the longevity scale your raises year over year will be less than someone in the middle of the longevity scale.

iMac are you one the guys that reads the numbers straight left to right? You one of incompetent ones that doesn't understand how to read it?

I am comparing the same YOS. I know how to read what I will be making as I progress through the longevity scale. I also know you are using a bad comparison if you are comparing someone topped on the scale versus someone who isn't. Why the deception?

Our biggest problem is that we have pilots that whine like babies and have no mathematical skills.

7&7 SIC pay increases 44.89% over the five-year contract with increases if it?s extended the full 8 years, but I will only supply the first 5 for comparison.

$81,081 Current 10 year SIC

$117,480 at year 15

7&7 PIC pay increases 24.61% over the five-year contract with increases if it?s extended the full 8 years, but I will only supply the first 5 for comparison. PIC?s also get a 4% bonus on their yearly base salary upon maxing out the pay scale, but is not included here.

$136,846 Current 14 year PIC

$172,524 at year 19

18 day SIC pay increases 45.3% over the five-year contract with increases if it?s extended the full 8 years, but I will only supply the first 5 for comparison.

$98,635 Current 10 year SIC

$143,326 at year 15

18 day PIC pay increases 26.59% over the five-year contract with increases if it?s extended the full 8 years, but I will only supply the first 5 for comparison. PIC?s also get a 4% bonus on their yearly base salary upon maxing out the pay scale. But is not included here.

$166,473 Current 14 year PIC

$210,749 at year 19

401k match from the company over the first five years will increase by 46.6%. If the contract is extended for three years, then the company match will increased to a 54.6%over the remaining three years.

Seniority issues were fixed as well as some other issues. Some how SIC?s think they were thrown under the bus as well as this is a worthless TA?
Here's what I think . Some of these guys believe they're sky Gods . Some have been in a good job their entire career or maybe 3 or 4 . Aviation is a wicked career at times and having been raked over the coals a few times I know what it's like to be grateful to have a Great job ! NetJets provides a wonderful Insurance package and pays a penalty for OUR Cadillac plan . We pay nothing ! We get 4 vacations a year , one every 3 months . We get benefits such as frequent flier miles , hotel points and AmEx points that we didn't have to spend money for !! Sometimes the hours are long , and if you're tired , say so and its taken care of . A lot of you have had your Type Ratings paid for by WB. My God man , think there's some Greed here ? If you hate your job , leave and give it to someone who would Love it ! Since so many of you think Regionals will pay you better , Adios:) ..... I for one am thankful , grateful and pleased .This raise is more than ample , the signing bonus , just that a Bonus . And I don't see any of you taking your check and giving it to anyone else .... Why should WB ? Remove his incentive to keep us in a job and he'll shut it down , and where will everyone go ? And if you really think you can walk into another job so easily with as bad as you say this is , you'd be gone already . So grow a set .

It's a bonus that work pays for the type rating required to, uh, work there?

1-Free benefits
2-live wherever we want, no comute
3- hotel, airline, amex points
4- free crew meals (an airline guy will spend $200- $300 bucks on a 4 day trip)
5- 4 weeks vacation

there are worst jobs outhere

NetJets provides a wonderful Insurance package and pays a penalty for OUR Cadillac plan .

Once again, NetJets does not have a Cadillac plan. That's straight from our benefits department.

We pay nothing !
Yes we do. We "paid" for it when we negotiated a lower number for our salaries. It's subtracted from our pay, whether it's a separate item on our pay stubs or not.

... the signing bonus , just that a Bonus .
No, it's partial restitution for the two and a half years of deliberately stalled negotiations beyond the amendable date. For an FO who's been here 10 years, the "bonus" is $18K. For that same pilot, the initial 17% raise applied retroactively to when our contract was up would be $35,444. The TA provides for slightly over half of that.

Latest resources

Back