Nja Not Hiring In 2004

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually As (pronounced Ass?)
With everything thrown in (base pay, OT, Flex Schedule Pay, Extended Days Etc)
I made 50K+ my first year and 60K+ my second-so your facts are not totally correct.

But I do agree the pay needs to go way up-along with other needed changes..

The state of the industry has not helped up with our negotiations thats for sure-especially when there is stacks of resumes from people willing to take the job at the current pay rates.

Fly Safe
Chuck
Ps also I am not adding in the money I get for my military reserve duty-which NJA is very flexible with allowing me to do.

Last edited:
as214, you represent the 1% of people we like to call DUMBASS!!!
We have some intuitive, intelligent, thoughtful and helpfull people on this board and you sir are non of the above. Please recind your free membership here and just fade away.

hey as214 has his blinders on. All he can see is the big blue in JFK. Only problem is he has stood his ground at comair so he can walk the walk.

he's just po'ed he's a x captain making ultra pilot wages. (that and he realized fire island is another name for long island)

I think his comment was made as a joke with a truth to it. We are fighting for a new pay raise and industry leading contract. I know as214 will walk the walk but I am worried about some of the other guys i have met on the road.

NJA will hire in 2004. Look at the economy it's turning around and aviation is getting stronger again. This is the good thing about the contract taking so long that the economy has actually turned around.

CG MASON,

The only ass here is you. You made 60 k your second year, that's great I'm real proud of you. Let us see here, to make that you were saying something about OT, flex schedule, and extended days..HMMM.That's a great attitude. So you basically had to whore yourself out to make 60k. So before you start with the personal attacks bear in mind, I've walked the walk before have you? But let me guess you're just happy to be flying a jet!

Lrjet55,

Now..now why the personal attacks!! Lrjet55 I've been on strike before so I've seen your kind!! You're the type that will vote yes for a 20% pay increase with no retro!!! Then after the fact you'll never admit that you voted yes!! You're the one who's insignificant, my significance will be proven with a NO vote on anything short of 100% retro and 100% pay increase at a minimum! Ciao!!

I wasn't attacking you so don't get your panties in too much of a wad-I was just kidding about your screen name.
True-I did have to work quite a bit-(ie the Flex Schedule)-which does blow-but I am able to manipulate it some with military days.

I would definitily walk today if we were released from mediation.
I agree with what you wrote-just was pointing out that you can make more than 30k 1st year if you work at it.

I will be voting with my feet in the near future if things don't happen.

Fly Safe
Chuck
Ps Your right I do have a nice ass-its the lunges & squats that are doing it for me.

Last edited:
Ciao! does this mean your gone for good? Am I this lucky? You could not be more incorrect. Any more incorrect and you would have graduated today with honors in ignorance and stupidity.

With some very basic quick math I came up with these numbers:

1754 active pilots
Using 4.6 pilots per plane (which has been the average they say they need across all fleets) X 316 aircraft = 1454 pilots needed.

By these numbers IF everyone was where they needed to be, we are really 300 pilots fat. The ultra is about 79 pilots fat alone.

91k is pushed back to feb 2005, so I could see where we don't hire for most of this year. All those FSI slots will be filled by folks already on the senority list and we would still have 80 folks for new equip and or people leaving.

Bluepost,

You know math and logic don't exist at our comapny. If we are so over staffed as these morons keep claiming why was a page sent out to the Hawker folks claiming there were many airplanes un-crewed... go figure.
I am sure there is a logical explanation which brings me back to my original point. There is no logic at NJA. I feel like I am going in circles.

Maybe the 800 is one of the fleets that is understaffed...doesn't mean the whole company is understaffed. I'm in the X and you can extend pretty easily from what I hear, but that isin't the case in all fleets. I hope we do hire, and I hope we do need more than the 4.6 that they have claimed for years, but I just don't see why they would pretend to not need to hire if they really did.

Most companies like to run lean and pay OT, but that may bite them if we ever get to legal job actions, unless they are planning to prevent that, which would only be good for us....maybe there is an end in sight.

Latest resources

Back