NJA New Hire Assignments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

burg

Are all NJA newhires assigned class 1-3 aircraft or do class 4 or 5 occasionally show up. Also if you do not live in one of the five domiciles (90 miles) is the job offer conditional on you moving to those areas, and how long do they allow for you to relocate?

Thanks

I just got the call from Derinda. I start indoc on Feb 20 and will then go to the X!

Wooo Whooo!

Not sure how they assign A/C.
I interviewed two weeks ago and got Hawker 800XP,
my sim partner got Falcon 2000.
I am in my late 30s my partner late 40s.
I don't know if age has any thing to do with it or total time.
You can live anywhere, you don't have to relocate.

delaatmx said:
I interviewed two weeks ago and got Hawker 800XP,
my sim partner got Falcon 2000.
I am in my late 30s my partner late 40s.
I don't know if age has any thing to do with it or total time.

Did you get the regular XP or did you get assigned the XP-C (Collins equipped glass cockpit)? I hear both aircraft are great to fly.

burg said:
Are all NJA newhires assigned class 1-3 aircraft or do class 4 or 5 occasionally show up. Also if you do not live in one of the five domiciles (90 miles) is the job offer conditional on you moving to those areas, and how long do they allow for you to relocate?

Thanks

You'll get a class 1-3 aircraft for now. 4 or 5 may come later but don't count on it.
You don't have to relocate, you just have to be at your domicile at show time. Keep in mind we don't have the ability to non-rev and jumpseating is very iffy. If you can fly non-rev via a family member or previous employment deal then it's not too bad. If not you'll probably want to live within driving distance of a domicile.

AirBear

On Your Six said:
Did you get the regular XP or did you get assigned the XP-C (Collins equipped glass cockpit)? I hear both aircraft are great to fly.

I believe regular XP(Honywell)

PS: Does anyone how long upgrade time is in Hawker 800XP fleet?

Upgrades for the 800 is going to the 800 level seniorty I believe.

My guess is it will be at least 7-9 years.

delaatmx said:

Really???? You can live anywhere you want true.... However you have to report to work in one of five places and it is on you to get there.

Now if they are giving you fly from home, then they are violating the contract to get people in the door.... Which doesn't suprise me in the least....

All you guys going to NJA, have fun sitting in the right seat for at least 5 years capping out at around $50k. If you want a quicker upgrade, go to Flexjet. Right now its running around 2 years for upgrade.

Who peed in your cornflakes, Art? Chasing a quick upgrade instead of a stable company is what got me stuck where I am now. The picture's bigger than that.

Latest resources

Back