Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skywiz

Question for all you NJA guys,

1) Are there alot of ex-mil pilots at netjets? What are competitive mins for mil applicants?

2) Of ex mil pilots, are many reservists there? I am guessing it is very easy to do with 7 on / 7 off.

Thanks.
SW

if you flew the C-141 it would certainly help........:D

actually, we have quite a few former military as well as reservists. The former IBT president had a military background. In fact, 3 of the current executive board of NJASAP are former military.

sooooo, yes military pilots fit in very well at NJA.....

as to competitive mins, sorry - no idea. depends on what you flew i should think.........

2 Words

Kick Ass!

Now some more words.

There are a buttload of Ex-military and serving reservists.

The company is a big supporter of the Guard and Reserves.

My fellow Pilots have always been very supportive.

I am Activated as are many. Company has been great to my family.

If you have specific questions PM me a phone number or questions or whatever.

Good luck finding a company that has been more supporting of the Guard/Reserves, the wounded soldiers and their families.

Thank you Netjets, I'm proud to serve for you!

Skywiz,

As the others have pointed out, you'll be hard-pressed to find a more pro-military company in ANY industry. That said, if the 1700 total time in your profile is accurate, start flying wherever and whenever you can. I'm afraid the 2500 hour total time minimum is rock-solid.

Kick Ass!

Now some more words.

There are a buttload of Ex-military and serving reservists.

The company is a big supporter of the Guard and Reserves.

My fellow Pilots have always been very supportive.

I am Activated as are many. Company has been great to my family.

If you have specific questions PM me a phone number or questions or whatever.

Good luck finding a company that has been more supporting of the Guard/Reserves, the wounded soldiers and their families.

Thank you Netjets, I'm proud to serve for you!

I don't know anyone more qualified to answer that question than Semore. He is the man.:beer:

Just an echo of everybody else. We have gobs of Muther Rucker, Pensacola, and Air Force mafia types here, including fomer pilots of Air Force One, and Marine One. I just finished a great tour with a retired Army driver.

This place likes pilots from the military, and goes the extra mile to work their schedules for Guard, and Reserves, as well as the fully activated.

Thanks for the replies

Skywiz,

As the others have pointed out, you'll be hard-pressed to find a more pro-military company in ANY industry. That said, if the 1700 total time in your profile is accurate, start flying wherever and whenever you can. I'm afraid the 2500 hour total time minimum is rock-solid.

Flight time shouldn't be an issue. I have one more flying tour (3-4 yrs) before I may get out, and should be around 3000+ total time with 1000+ multi pic turbine easy. Just looking out on the horizon and seeing what is out there...

The only thing that concerns me is the 7 on / 7 off sked... other than that it sounds like a sweet deal!

Flight time shouldn't be an issue. I have one more flying tour (3-4 yrs) before I may get out, and should be around 3000+ total time with 1000+ multi pic turbine easy. Just looking out on the horizon and seeing what is out there...

The only thing that concerns me is the 7 on / 7 off sked... other than that it sounds like a sweet deal!

Didn't realize you were still a ways out from separating. I wouldn't worry too much about the schedule. At NJA, you can bid a couple other schedules besides 7/7 depending on what you prefer, what you'd like your base salary to be, and what schedule you can hold. Besides, when you think about it, 7/7 is EIGHT nights home and then only SIX nights away. The 21 straight days off when you take vacation is AWESOME. 7/7 may not be for everybody, but I've yet to fly with a crewmember that doesn't like it.

Who knows what things in the industry will be like in a couple of years but make sure to start working on your applications and get them in the hopper when you're still 8-10 months out from separation. We had guys interview while still active, get the job, ask for a slight delay in class date to coincide with separation, and then come to class during terminal leave. Double-dipping is a great way to stash a little extra cash early on.

In the meantime, fly safe and thank you for your service.

Latest resources

Back