NJ Timeline from interv. to class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJFlyer

I'm curious what the timeline from interview to offer of employment to indoc is?

Also I see the XL/XLS has differences pay. Is it also one of the busier aircraft in the fleet? Can anyone list busiest to least busy aircraft at NJ. I really don't mind flying more or less. I consider a day away from home as a day at work and I can either fly alot or a little it's all pretty much the same.

thanks

From what I have heard, the XL/XLS and the X are the busiest fleets. Sovereign and Falcon fleets are getting busier while the Beechjet and Ultra/Encore fleets are not so busy. This, however, is 2nd hand info. I do know the XL and X fleets are super busy from conversations with crews from those fleets.

I had my resume turned in by a friend in mid December, got the application just after X-mas. I finished it and mailed it in just before New Years, and it took about a month for the "got your application, we'll call you for an interview" email. Just about two months later I was notified for an interview spot, did that two weeks later, found out the next day I was hired. That was mid April, I start indoc June 4th. I know the timelines vary based upon your desired domicile, I'm not sure exactly, but I understand that LAX and CMH run the quickest and DAL the longest, but your mileage I'm sure will vary. I don't know if my timeline was affected by having a lot of internal letters of recommendation or not, but it should give you some sort of idea what to expect. Let me know if you have any other questions about the hiring process, be happy to help.

Just have just one Beechjetgearjammer, just heard they just started offering Vegas as a domisile?

Just have just one Beechjetgearjammer, just heard they just started offering Vegas as a domisile?

Did someone hit the bar at their hotel?? :beer:

"Response?"
"Yeah. I have a response. Uhhhh...what?"

Thanks for the info,

I've got a couple intern. recs. that I was going to bring to the interview. I'm trying to get in before #3000. That seems to be the magic number as far as those who can upgrade through A/C deliveries and those that will have to wait it out for attrition over the next 5-6 years..

BTW for me upgrade isn't a real major concern right now. I waited 6 years at the regionals, now find myself at a small 135 outfit, and now I want to end my career with a descent company that isn't gonna threaten to close its' doors in 6 months (already had that happen twice). And make descent money doing it.

Of course the money for PIC at year 5 would be a nice thing to have!

I'm trying to get in before #3000. That seems to be the magic number as far as those who can upgrade through A/C deliveries and those that will have to wait it out for attrition over the next 5-6 years..

Where did the 3000 # come from? How many pilots are on the property today?

Where did the 3000 # come from? How many pilots are on the property today?

I believe that CRJFlyer may believe that "3000" is the magic number because of two pieces of info. One, RTS has been quoted as saying that he'd like to have 5000 pilots total. Second, NJA is said to run about 60/40 on PIC's to SIC's. Therefore, 60% of 5000 is 3000, hence the supposed magic number.

But if you talk to anyone at NJA, it's been quite some time since there have been any significant upgrade bids. So that makes "3000" rather a superfluous number at this time.

Latest resources

Back