NJ contract extension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jpeace02

I'm a new hire at NetJets and can't wait to get started (yes i'm drinking the coolaid but after two regionals what else are you gonna do.) Anyway I've been told that the current CBA can be extended if certain parameters/goals/incentives etc. are met. I think something about a seniority list with NJI? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks

jpeace,
The basic meat of the extension involves the capturing of 85% of the US based international flying. The short version means that NJI must be integrated with NJA. If the 85 % target is met then the contract can be extended by 3 years. With that extension we will get a 4% raise each year of the extension. If the parameters are not met than no extension. That is the short version.
BT

Company has to maintain health benefits, union gets to select 10 addititional bases, and we get a COLA raise in the "out years" of the extention. See sec 30 of the CBA.

Welcome aboard!

If a merger happens the non-union pilots of NJI are seat and pay protected, while the union pilots of NJA receive an extension on the current contract. I'm still scratching my head.

Don't forget date of hire seniority integration...:rolleyes:

I hate to say it, but the seat and pay protection along with the date of hire integration suck. That means that I will lose almost all of NJI in seniority. The glass half full side of me says that in return we will get a better scope posistion. Ask all of the main-line guys today if they could go back and get the RJ flying on their seniority list would they take a short term hit. My answer would be yes.

So let us go started so we can all get this behind us. Just my two cents.

Why does date of hire suck? The argument has always been "NJI shouldn't be separate, we all work for the same company." Well then, we all got hired by the same company 13, 10, 8, or however many years ago. You can't have it both ways.

By the way RTRHD, your new merged seniority number will mean everything when the IV fleet begins to slowly disappear and the pilots in that fleet are required to bid new equipment. Unless there is a side LOA in the integration agreement that keeps them in the G fleet, they will have to bid whatever their new seniority will hold. The LOA to the IBB only guarantees CURRENT seat and pay.

Long time down the road, I know, but it's still there.

I hate to say it, but the seat and pay protection along with the date of hire integration suck. That means that I will lose almost all of NJI in seniority. The glass half full side of me says that in return we will get a better scope posistion. Ask all of the main-line guys today if they could go back and get the RJ flying on their seniority list would they take a short term hit. My answer would be yes.

So let us go started so we can all get this behind us. Just my two cents.

I agree 100%. DOH would suck, but one list is VERY important! I don't think many people understand that.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back