NJ 15-day flex schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DLconnection

How has the 15 day flex schedule been working out for you so far. Do you tend to do 5 on 3 off, 5 on 3 off, 5 on 3 off w/ approx. 9 days off somewhere in the month or is it a mixed bag of days on/off? Does this vary amongst the different fleet types?

I understand that this schedule is new to both the pilots and the company. I would assume that it is going to take a little bit of time for the kinks to get worked out. I am interested in some of you experiences as to how this type of schedule has been utilized by the company.

That is a good representation. 5,3,5,3,5, 7-10 off, 4, whatever is left. I work a lot of weekends as well. Holidays also. I like it though.

Is that one of your more senior schedules? How are new hires that want to hold that schedule doing?

I was able to hold it during the first bid period at the company after the IBB. I had only been at the company for a few months at that time. It went more senior on the Ultra though during the most recent bid period. I bid it again and couldn't hold it. Only 10 PIC's bid it which means only 10 SIC's were awarded it on the Ultra. Not sure how it has played out on the other fleets.

That is a good representation. 5,3,5,3,5, 7-10 off, 4, whatever is left. I work a lot of weekends as well. Holidays also. I like it though.

I saw only 5 day trips. Usually two where bunched together so that left a 7-10 day break somewhere in the month. I usually worked 1 weekend a month and zero holidays. The projected schedule almost never changed after it was set.

I think results vary by fleet.

Latest resources

Back