• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice Radio calls....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ON FINAL TO BOS 4R. I CHECKED IN KAP59 EIGHT OUT FOR THE RIGHT.

FEMALE CONTROLER, I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY, KAP59 CLEARED TO LAND 4R

THEN OF COURSE THE INFAMOUS TIME I LINED UP BEHIND THE F-100.

I WAS WARNED ABOUT THE FOKKER, AND JET BLAST.

I RESPONDED, THANKS GROUND, I SEE THE SPLIT TAIL JET.

THE CAPT. OF THE FOKKER WAS NOT PLEASED. I DIDN'T MEAN TO INSULT HER AT ALL.

OOOPS

Hi!

Here's 2:

I used to fly in an AF unit and our call sign was "Beaver", followed by the last two numbers of our tail number. One of our aircraft ended with the numbers "69". As you might expect, we had a lot of interesting radio exchanges. Also, our base was "Beaver Lodge" and our fellow unit's was "Beaver Dam".

At Vance AFB-pilot training for AF:

A female instructor was flying with a male student in a T-38. The instructor sits in the back. While getting ready for an approach, the instructor decided to fly one, and instead of telling her student on intercom, she accidently broadcast on the ATC frequency, in her high-pitched, obviously female voice: "I'll take this one in the rear."

Cliff
GB,WI

I heard an ATA 727 reply (after being cleared for takeoff); "cleared for torture"

I heard a navy tower controler at miramar in san diego reply to a couple fighters (who'd announced an overhead break to downwind) with, "rachaaaah".

Someone above mentioned an approach controller at miami. about ten years ago there was a tower controler at miami who used to work the afternoon rush and who sounded just like an auctioneer biding a product - it was unreal.

an united 767 at lindbergh, when cleared into position to hold replied; "assuming the position"

a caravan guys been saying "bigbad dude charlie alpha" instead of his regular call sign.

United 150, Center, say airspeed

Center, United 150, .79

United 150, why are you going so fast?

Because it's the last leg of a four day trip and she won't do .80

Latest resources

Back