NFL's Pat Tillman Killed in Afghanistan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Resume Writer said:
Arizona State University is retiring his #42 jersey as the Cardinals are retiring his #40 jersey. ASU is also setting up a scholarship in his name for a marketing student, since he was truly a student and a sports legend at the school. The Cardinals are naming the entrance courtyard at the new stadium after him.

I'm not betting that Napolitano will be playing harball to name a mountain "Tillman Peak." Not PC enough, ya know.

Pat certainly deserves it, however. What kinda name is "South" mountain, anyway?

Pat's story is one of those that makes you look at your own life and wonder if it's possible to be half as great.......good man, nay....one of the best.

Pat Tillman

Our office suite maintenance guy told me about Mr. Tillman's death this morning. The news disturbed me greatly. How many people would cast aside millions of dollars and the relatively safety of pro football to put his life on the line as an Army volunteer? This world needs more people like Pat Tillman. Condolences to his friends and family.

To Pat Tillman, all those who have lost their lives while serving, those who have served, and those still serving this amazing country:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

You will NEVER be forgotten.

I am shocked by that website. Calling him a dumb jock? Saying that he was a "rich, spoiled, jock" who got what he deserved??

He was none of the above. Obviously none of these people knew him. He was educated, graduating at the top of his class in 3.5 years (most people take 5 years to get an undergraduate degree), and his teammates described him as someone who was NOT into material possessions. If he was, he would have still been playing football and not fighting for the freedom he believed in.

What is with people? It is not only Pat that we should honor, but also the other individuals who have sacrified their lives for the freedom to post garbage on that website. Amazing.... :mad:

Kathy

So to paraphrase the pansies on Chunk's link, every soldier killed or injured deserves what they get.

That's truly pathetic.

Maybe we could all chip in and send these people on an all expense paid, one way, trip to Paris or Madrid. I think they might fit in over there.

Resume Writer,

The people who say such things about Pat are simply blinded by their ideology. They do not possess the qualities of courage, honor, values, morality, or integrity that this young man had in spades. Because they are bereft of these qualities, they sink to the only argument they are capable of: belittlement and derision.

Take pity on them.

Exercise your right of Free Speach

Everyone should go to the Portland Independent Media Center (link posted by Chunk on page one) and leave them a comment. I was relatively reserved with mine. I really wanted to call them a bunch of wussies, but decided to rise above.
Those people are despicable.

enigma

What a bunch of punks! That website really offends me. Sure I left a comment, but I got a feeling its like wrestling a pig.

I think we need to take those "boys" and their "partners" on a one-way flight overseas so that they can appreciate the country we live in.

501261 said:
What a bunch of punks! That website really offends me. Sure I left a comment, but I got a feeling its like wrestling a pig.

I think we need to take those "boys" and their "partners" on a one-way flight overseas so that they can appreciate the country we live in.

Just forget it. Don't give them the time of day. We all know what types of people make this country great and what types are working to destroy it.

Also, keep in mind that this is the same group of people who constantly call conservatives cold-hearted, uncaring and intollerant.

Latest resources

Back