• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Next open house for JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It all depends on where you want to be and who offers you the job first. Right now SWA is at a halt for interviewing and hiring, with a pilot pool of over 500. I interviewed at SWA got the letter a year ago, interviewed at JB and hired for a Sept class. I'm going blue and not looking back, but its totally a personal decision.

What sort of agenda can a person expect when going to one of these open houses. Do you walk in the door sign in and take a tour? How long is the tour and what does it consist of? From there do you stand in line to talk with a recruiter? I am not sure what to expect at all. I hear that it is upbeat and laid back, but I am not sure what to expect and how long they last.

DL,

I think its mainly a tour and a meet and greet. Occasionally on sight mini interviews are done, but I don't think that's going on right now. Its advertised as 10 til 2. I would think if you can't get there right away that's OK, and if you have to leave a little early that's OK too. There is definately a tour of the training center, and you would be correct that its overall upbeat and laid back. You will get to talk to recruiters and probably sit for a Q & A session and stuff like that. Hope that answers your question.

just to add to irons comments.....they will split you up in groups. each group of about three or four (depending on how many show) will rotate throughout the day with a tour, talking to recruiters, and meet n greet. I'd show early, because I couldn't get there until around 12:30, and I missed the tour.

Wednesday September 19, 2007
10 am to 2 pm

Orlando Support Campus
8265 Hangar Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32827

There will be a shuttle to/from the airport. Parking is also available.

Dress is business casual and bring enough of copies of your CV. Sometimes you end up meeting with more interviewers than originally anticipated.

Good luck.

It all depends on where you want to be and who offers you the job first. Right now SWA is at a halt for interviewing and hiring, with a pilot pool of over 500. I interviewed at SWA got the letter a year ago, interviewed at JB and hired for a Sept class. I'm going blue and not looking back, but its totally a personal decision.

Are you saying that you are in the SWA hiring pool? If that's the case I would keep that as an option even though you will be starting at JB. I know a few former JB pilots who are now at SWA and DAL and I would keep that in my back pocket... I don't know many people who left SWA for JB but I know quite a few who have done the opposite. Something to think about...

Unless things have changed, "getting the letter" means "Thanks, but no thanks. Try again in a year."

Latest resources

Back