Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BradG

Poor Flight Instructor
Anyone know of any relatively cheap hotels in the NYC area? Me and some friends are looking to go up there for a couple days in mid March, and are looking for a place to stay. Somewhere in the city would be preferred. Thanks

Brad

Pickwick Arms on the upper east side is pretty cheap.

But you might not have your own shower or bathroom. Also try Howard Johnson's at Penn Station.

Delta crews stay at the Milford Plaza hotel. I don't know what the crew rate is. Priceline has it for $120/night. The location is awesome, close to Times-Square.

It ain't just Delta crews at the Mildew Plaza; every airline in the free world puts crews up there! I think that place has been the downtown Manhattan crew hotel since the beginning of time, or at least the past 30 years. You wanna see lots of flight attendants, wait till the bus pulls up with Singapore, KLM or Virgin 747 crews. mmmm, eye candy.

Beware, the rooms and bathrooms are tiny! Just about the smallest I've ever stayed in. They have mirrors on all the walls just to make 'em seem bigger...

John

NJ

Stay across the river at Hasbrook Heights. That's where all the TEB crews stay. Amerisuites, Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, lot more. All are about $100 a night and it's about 10 mins to downtown NYC.

If you stay across the river the Meadowlands Plaza isn't too bad. Around $75 a night, free breakfast buffet and drink coupons.

The best deal Pan American hotel on Queens Blvd. in Queens. Hotel van will pick you up at JFK or LGA. Just a 15 minute subway ride to Times Square, the Sage Dinner open 24 hours next door. They have a great party every Sat. night downstairs, all Latin and all Colombian(that is an experience you will never forget) We get our rooms for less than 50.00 per night.718-446-7676

Latest resources

Back