• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New USAir Payrates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The salary/benefits bar continues its decline.....

Those starting FO rates on the E170 blow ($21/hr)!!! I would expect all regional pilots who make more than that on smaller aircraft should be a little nervous in terms of future pay raise negotiations. Not a good negotiating benchmark...

There will not be any new hire FO's on the 170 until all the wholly owed pilots at Piedmont (Allegheny) and PSA go over to Mid Atlantic which is where the 170 is flown at. Clearly the "mainline" USAir is just trying to salvage what little is left before liquidation

I feel bad for the pilots and people at US Airways, ATA or any troubled airline. We as pilots are the ones that get to share the heaviest load for poor management descisions. However our industry is now going through the change that was intended 25 years ago during deregulation. A lot of changes are gonna happen during the next few years. When it all shakes out and the industry becomes profitable again, I can see the salerys at the remainig carriers increase again. Think about it, why would anybody go through ten years of macaroni and cheese to arrive at an airline job if that job pays the same as a being a truckdriver. The saleries have to be good for the airlines to find good, educated and qualified people. Right now however it's all about saving your airline from demise even if it is not the pilots fault. In no other industry is anybody so tied to their employer because of the way the seniority system works. Personally I would like to see some changes in the way the seniority system works. I'm in a good position right now but 10-15 years down the road I might be out on the street starting at the very bottom with absolutly nothing for all the knowledge and experience I have accuired. I feel for those of you standing to loose your job, best of luck!
/Citrus

pilot1704 said:
That does not look bad at all,are they limited for some max.monthly flying!
You are one sad motherfarker!!!

thats funny,

not one mention of holding the bar, if mesa was to take pay cuts, you all would have them on a stick.

whats up us air pilots? what about upholding the profession? did you just bend over and take it? what about all the major airline pilots who said things like "I wouldn't work for that much"

sell-outs!!!

some one had to say it

Look out boys!! There's a new ho in town.

I think Mesa and Mesaba have definately been replaced as the ho bags of the industry. Why give up your seniority at your regional carrier for that crap?

I agree with the other guy on this post who said leaving a "strong" regional flying nice aircraft, providing "above average" pay for regionals and offering a good schedule wouldn't seem as attractive nowadays as it once did. Who knows, maybe the differences between major and regional salaries will decrease to almost nothing in the future. QOL may become the determining factor on where you spend your careers because salary/benefits probably won't differ too much.

Looks like Fedex and UPS may become the prize jobs for salary in the near future if these declining salary trends among the legacies continue.

Salary Equivelant

Just wondering if someone can give me an idea of what the hourly rates convert into on a salary scale. I know there is no magical way of doing it but a ball park figure would be great. Thanks!

Before you guys cuss USAirways pilots, don't forget that their NEW 737 rates are still around ten percent more than my MD 80 rates at Spirit. I'm definitely not bragging, and we're in the middle of a "the company is demanding concessions" firestorm, so it could get worse. The managers look at ten thousand resumes on file and salivate. They are all out for all they can get. They know that the market is in our favor right now and will do everything to capitalize.

Wish us luck, as I wish for USAir
enigma

Latest resources

Back