• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New US Startup Orders 65 Airbuses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have also heard that there will be few/no overnights. Their president, Ken Gile, used to be the Director of Flight Ops and chief pilot at Southwest. From what I heard, he's a pretty standup guy. Hopefully, he brought some of that "employee first" attitude from WN and it will carry over in the pay rates.

Yea, probably $60 an hour for a Capt, maybe 10 days off a month, and STFU, fly, and don't complain.

The pay figure quoted to me at an AIRinc circle jerk was $85 an hour for a Check Airman - I can hardly imagine how low line pilot pay will be. Before I get flamed, I only talked to them 'cause the hiring chick was pretty hot.
Heh heh... you think so, huh?

I stopped by at the Air, Inc in ATL in early Jan this year when I was working for PCL and they had a booth; I wasn't especially impressed, but dropped a resume and told them I'd be interested if the CA pay was going to be decent and I could get hired into the CA's seat, then they quoted that figure and I said something about "Good luck with that." and mosied on over to the airTran table next door.

They did send me a personal thank-you letter in the mail that was actually tailored to me, my resume, and our talk and personally signed which I thought was a nice touch and I kept it for giggles, but then again I keep everything I've ever sent out as a memento to just how difficult this career is so when my kids decide they want to be a pilot, I can show them how much sh*t I went through and watch them graduate med school later on.

I didn't think she was that hot, but I'm a little biased, my wife is smokin'! :)

Incidentally, the pay sucks the big one, and I'm not talking a cohiba... But there are literally THOUSANDS of regional pilots out there who will max out at $85-90 an hour at their airline and a max pay range of $100 an hour or so will sound pretty good to someone who is beginning to get worried about making it to a major or wants to use them as a stepping stone.

Like someone said, the line will probably be out the door and around the block (towards the closest Starbuck's of course).

I wonder if they were able to cut a deal where the bankruptcy lawyers are included in the costs of the Arbii?

LCC startup+weak/ill-defined market+seat oversaturation=6 months or less.

I wonder if DT has already voted in the teamsters to represent the pilots? I mean, one or two management pilots is enough to start a union and negotiate a contract, right?

Flyi learned the hard way that 2-3 transcon flights per day per A319 is not profitable using super-low fares.......

FlyI also learned that a sh1tload of frequency on empty airplanes is also a good way to blow through some cash. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this airline.

Heh heh... you think so, huh?

Well, you have to consider the competition in the room. Given that, she was a total hottie.

I can just hear the investors at the vc meeting, "don't worry, we can get all the pilots we need for almost nothing, they'll be stepping all over each other for the job".
Line up boys.

Latest resources

Back