• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Rest Rules and Commuting.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe I fly with plenty of scumbags hired at my airline from 1983-1985 that have this mentality. ME ME ME...:uzi:

BTW what kind of professional uses the term 'suck it up' when it comes to the subject of being rested for duty?!?

No one ever accused Joe to being a professional.

All this while you will still be tired if you have a 430 duty in with a 10 hour overnight.

If you start your duty at 0430, you will only have a 9 hour duty day. And, if they try to throw in a lot of legs into your 9 hour day, it will be reduced even further.

cliff
PVB

If you start your duty at 0430, you will only have a 9 hour duty day. And, if they try to throw in a lot of legs into your 9 hour day, it will be reduced even further.

cliff
PVB
that is not the way I read it, duty between 0100L and 0500L counts double, starting at 0430 would only reduce 15 minutes from max duty day

Are you willing to give that up for 2-3 more nights away from home? That's the result of making every overnight longer with the short legs we do....Personally, I'd rather suck it up and enjoy more time at home.

It's not dangerous...It's simply not ideal...There is a difference.
You have a point......IF you work at an airline that has efficient schedules (from a pilot's perspective). Most of us do not. It would be nice to work three 4-day trips for the month, but most of us are already stuck with min days off and long days anyway.

Latest resources

Back