New Orleans update MSY NEW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cvsfly

Haven't been to MSY or NEW since before Katrina. Getting conflicting info from various on-line FBO sources. fltplan.com, airnav.com, accu-kwik (sp?) contract fuel vendors, etc. Boss has gone to Transit Aviation at MSY before, but it doesn't show up on most of the sites. He doesn't like going into NEW since it re-opened. What is the lastest info on these facilities? Any other good web sites for FBO info/fuel prices.
What I found was:
MSY- Atlantic Av. -JetA = $5.94/g, Signature - JetA = $6.57/g, Transit Aviation - ??? I assume it one of the few General Aviation public ramps which has limited traditional FBO svc (ie. GA ramp at MIA, NNW side),
Any GA able to use Ground Service Corp through ASIG for fuel using contract AvCard or is it only commercial acft? Similar to fuel set up at ATL at N side cargo ramp?

NEW- Million Air - JetA= $5.25/g, Flightline First - ??, Aero Premier Jet - ???,

Transit Aviation MSY was bought out by Signature a few years back. At MSY, you now have Signature & Atlantic.

I would recommend going into NEW. The tower is now back in operation with limited hours (8am - 6pm I believe). Million Air is providing excellent service. They are operating out of a temporary facility, however, it is very nice, and has everything you need (nice leather sofas, big screen TV, internet, land line, wsi wx, jaguars for crew cars, etc.) The service & pricing is probably much better than anywhere else in New Orleans (incl. MSY).

Hope this info helps you out a bit.

Transit Fried Chicken is no more. Became Signature, which isn't as bad as other Signatures. The old "A" frame is still there if you want to view a relic from the old TACA days. Go to Million Air NEW. Support Lakefront if you're going to NOLA. Another FBO is in the works at NEW but so far I haven't heard anything.

The French Quarter is doing well as is Metairie and Kenner. Most up Uptown spots are running. Lakeview, Gentilly, and NO East are still ghost-towns.

Latest resources

Back