• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New NetJet bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This reminds me of the discussion and promises for scheduling software....
still not here yet.
Look, all you NJA hopefuls.....it's a good job. But don't come here hoping for what might happen....come here for what is happening now. If there is something you don't like about right now, don't come.

Look, all you NJA hopefuls.....it's a good job. But don't come here hoping for what might happen....come here for what is happening now. If there is something you don't like about right now, don't come.

Just got my app in the mail today. Took 5 days from sending in my resume. I'm attempting to get the job based on facts TODAY. Whatever comes down the pipeline does. Until then, its still better than what I've been doing for 5 years.

If you don't like it, tough SHIITE!

I have been commuting since day one. Not fun but still better than where I was. Don't like it but, tough shiite.

I have heard the same rumors about more bases. I would like to see it ASAP but don't expect to for a while. I know, in my case, that the company is losing money and useful duty time out of me the way it is now.

Everyone knows this... 19 out of 20 starts are an airline out to meet the plane. 19 out of 20 ends are an airline back to base (in my case dummy flight home). I checked just the cost of airline tickets from my home to the plane and back home at the end of my tour instead of from and to my base. The cost difference to and from my home airport was substantially less than flying out of base. The time savings varies but would be at least the same if not better.

If not increase bases, I think it makes sense on both sides to at least increase to a gateway system. Any major airport with multiple airlines and flights to numerous locations should be automatic. EX SAN, IAD, DEN, MSP, ORD, MWD, ATL, MIA, just to mention a few.

Just something to ponder over for the next couple years.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
This rumor would die if people would just read our contract. Here it is, boys and girls, quoted directly from our existing union contract.

13.2(c) Domestic Domicile Openings and Closings

The company may open new Domiciles at its discretion...

So there you have it boys and girls. No negotiations, no "we wanted to but the union said no" bullsheet. It's right there in section 13.2, for everyone to read. If Netjets wanted to open Fargo as a domicile, they could do it tomorrow. If the company really is "negotiating" to open more domicilies, then you can be sure they are doing it because they want to get some other part of the contract changed to be more to their liking.

Just got my app in the mail today. Took 5 days from sending in my resume. I'm attempting to get the job based on facts TODAY. Whatever comes down the pipeline does. Until then, its still better than what I've been doing for 5 years.

Then you'll be fine. The problem is people coming here based on rumors, then they get pi$$ed and badmouth everything because they got caught with their pants down.
Blame the union. Blame the union. Again everybody....."at its discretion...."

Then you'll be fine. The problem is people coming here based on rumors, then they get pi$$ed and badmouth everything because they got caught with their pants down.
Blame the union. Blame the union. Again everybody....."at its discretion...."

Just to be clear. its=company. Not ibt1108

I came here after the contract. I was and continue to be amazed by the number of pilots that interview, get hired, go through training, and then come to the sad realization of basing and lack of commuting options. This was a major career change for me and my family. I did days of research, phone calls, and more than a few point blank questions at the interview.

I just can't believe someone wouldn't take a little time to get the "real deal" prior to making a potentially life changing career move.

If you are one of these people, you can only blame yourself. Do some research! It is called the internet. I'll even give you a few sources because I am a nice guy.

wikipedia.com, aviationinterviews.com (pay site well worth it), airlinepilotcentral.com (payscales and some current events), netjets.com (DAH!)

PS your welcome:beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back